Penn 113H Washer Size?

Started by Gman_WC, June 12, 2011, 05:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gman_WC

What is the drag size or penn # for the washer that goes under the main gear please on the 113H?
I want to swap out this stock washer on my Penn's while open for the tear downs and have some
on hand for future projects.

Thanks - g
Walnut Creek, CA

Roger

A 6-875 should work just fine......
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

broadway

Sometimes the 6-875 is too thick... in that case call Dawn at Smoothdrag for the under the gear washer on the 113H and she'll hook it up.  I prefer them over the 6-875 for there ability to fit all 113h's.
Dom

Bryan Young

We take the 6-113H washer and grind it down to just larger than the size of the rachet teeth on the gear sleeve. 

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=175.0

PM your contact information and so that I can mail 1 to you.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Gman_WC

Thanks for the offer Bryan.
I need to go through about six 113h's for me and friends before 
the Loreto Baja trip coming up next month.
I think I'll just order up some Carbontex Kits from Dawn
and do it right from the start.
Now that I have a bearing puller, bearing packer, and a mini grease gun I'm ready.  :D
I just need to find some free time.
-gary
Walnut Creek, CA

Alto Mare

I've been using one of the same 6-113 thin washers that I installed in the gear lately and everything works great. I haven't been griding, I've been installing them as they come. If it works for larger Senators having the same size under the gear washer as the drag stack washers, I don't see why it shouldn't work on a 113H, besides I believe that having a larger diameter on that washer keeps the tip of the dog aligned nicely with the rachet teeth. You can go ahead and order your washers from Dawn, I just wanted to mention that it has been working out for me soo far, but not all 113H's are the same :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

I agree with Alto's comment (re: not necessarily needing to grind down the OD of the 6-113H).
I've also found that '...the washer keeps the tip of the dog aligned nicely with the ratchet teeth', which has worked well on both my 113H and Jigmaster 500...
Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Gman_WC

Thanks for the advise. I dialed up Dawn today with an order and she took care of me. -g
Walnut Creek, CA