Penn 9/0 RED sideplates!!!

Started by broadway, June 22, 2011, 02:34:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Thanks for the nice words about "Big Red".  I will be hanging on to her for a while, but Alan Tani members will always get first crack at any of my collection or gear in general.  Hey George, I know what your saying... I had to watch her like a hawk on ebay for 6 days, 8 hours, and 9 minutes  ;)
Dom

Dominick

Hey Dom:  Did you figure out how to post pictures?  I want to see the reel. Sal's picture is ok but it is not THE reel.  I want to see pictures of Big Red.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 28, 2011, 02:06:57 PM
I'm sure Dom would be willing to sell it for the right price.
I doubt it!
Quote from: Pescachaser on June 28, 2011, 06:24:57 PM
Hey Dom:  Did you figure out how to post pictures?  I want to see the reel. Sal's picture is ok but it is not THE reel.  I want to see pictures of Big Red.  Dominick
Dont we all! ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Harry

Amazing !  Never heard of a red plated 9/0.......i too wanna see pics ..lol ...dunno how you can pull apart a reel and put it back but dont know how to post a pic  ....lol :D

great buy  mate! collectors item  4 sure ...congrats from Australia

oh  yea  ...i love that era of reels i forgot to say ( brass spool senators)

broadway

I will try my best tomorrow or at the latest on Thursday... I'm sorry it's taking so long, but Harry has it figured out and I've actually been fishin' ... 
...and Sal is 100% correct  ;)
Thanks
Dom

broadway

Here ya go crew... sorry it took so long, but I'm a knuckle head when it comes to computers: http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb428/316broadway/Penn%20115%20with%20Red%20Side%20Plates/

Enjoy the photos and let me know what ya think!
Dom

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: broadway on July 06, 2011, 09:35:25 PM
Here ya go crew... sorry it took so long, but I'm a knuckle head ......
;D ;D Sorry, I couldn't resist editing.
QuoteEnjoy the photos and let me know what ya think!
Dom
Dom, that is VERY NICE! 8) 8)   You should be one proud papa. Of the reel, of the reel!!
Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Dominick

Hey Dom:  Your Big Red is a honey.  Since it's in the neighborhood let's give it a neighborhood nickname.  Something like Dommy Red, Reel Red, or Killer Red.  I know Rob will come up with something.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Yo Broadway, that reel looks like crap! Let me do you a favor and take it off your hands ;D ;D ;D.

Dom, that reel looks better than I thought, it is truly a treasure. Enjoy it, bud, Sal  ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

Thanks Crew!  Hey Dominick, I'm sticking with Big Red, it makes me think of Ginger from Gilligan's Island  ;D
Hope you enjoyed the photos, it took me 2 hours to figure it out... I suck at this stuff!  :-\
Dom

broadway

Thanks Crew!  Hey Dominick, I'm sticking with Big Red, it makes me think of Ginger from Gilligan's Island  ;D
Hope you enjoyed the photos, it took me 2 hours to figure it out... I suck at this stuff!  :-\
Dom

Harry

Amazing, has anyone ever heard of a RED 9/0 115 befor? That reel looks like its never seen the water yet either.I think you should lend it out to everyone on here to have a fish with  ;D

Do you intend fishing with it ?   wonder if there are any more red 9/0 around .

nice score broadway

broadway

I assure you "Big Red" will NOT see the water while I own her.  When I got it, it looked like it had seen a little water, but was well taken care of with the exception of a good solid cleaning. She is in 9+ condition and 10 mechanically.  Thanks for the offer to lend it out, but I gotta pass... now the black plated 9/0's no problem  ;D
Dom