My first two tries at rebuilding Penns were successful

Started by festus, November 26, 2017, 02:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

festus

The last couple of days I worked on a Penn Peerless No. 9 and a 68 Longbeach.  Penns are definitely different from Abus, Shimano, Mitchell, and Daiwa baitcasters and conventional.  Didn't really run into any problems as I had expected.  I still have one more Peerless to do and also an old Penn No. 79 I bought in the late 1960s.  Also have a parts reel (another Peerless) disassembled in a zip lock bag that is only lacking a dog spring, eccentric spring, spacing sleeve, and 4 stand screws, it was given to me.

I've never owned a Penn spinning reel and hope to in the future.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Maxed Out

Once you've done one you are a pro.......spinning reels are a whole nother ball game
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

sdlehr

Hey Festus, I think I've got all those parts if you want them. PM me if interested.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

festus

Quote from: sdlehr on November 26, 2017, 02:13:21 PM
Hey Festus, I think I've got all those parts if you want them. PM me if interested.

Sid
Thanks Sid, let me take a good look at the reel parts again and make sure I'm not missing anything else.  Also need to rebuild another Penn No. 9 that's in the garage, plus this No. 79 that I've had nearly 50 years that's never been taken apart. Chances are I'll lose a spring or some other small part in the process.  ;D