I put on a skirt today

Started by Big Tim, November 24, 2017, 12:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

A skirt steak that is Happy Thanksgiving to all

Tim

ChileRelleno

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours too.

That's a good looking piece of beef.
But that doesn't look like any Skirt steak I know of, that looks like a Eye Round steak.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Big Tim

Quote from: ChileRelleno on November 24, 2017, 12:25:55 AM
And a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours too.

That's a good looking piece of beef.
But that doesn't look like any Skirt steak I know of, that looks like a Eye Round steak.

Dang it Chile...I know I purchased 4 Skirt Steaks on sale a few weeks ago & they were amazing so far. I just got home from work only to find out this was Flank steak  >:( Tastes great with a Tequila Lime marinade

Tim

ChileRelleno

The really screwed up thing about steaks is that they are often named differently.
A half a dozen names for one cut of steak, that can be based on region, marketing ploy, named after a restaurant or etc.
Like Ribeye vs Delmonico, typically the same steak, but sometimes the Delmonico is take from a completely different Primal than the Ribeye.

But the correctly named Skirt and Flank steak cuts come from certain compulsory areas of the steer.
They are different cuts from each other, but neither look anything like your steak.
Sometimes cut slightly different and called Hanger or Flat Iron

Typical cuts of Skirt and Flank
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Big Tim

Quote from: ChileRelleno on November 24, 2017, 02:46:15 AM
The really screwed up thing about steaks is that they are often named differently.
A half a dozen names for one cut of steak, that can be based on region, marketing ploy, named after a restaurant or etc.
Like Ribeye vs Delmonico, typically the same steak, but sometimes the Delmonico is take from a completely different Primal than the Ribeye.

But the correctly named Skirt and Flank steak cuts come from certain compulsory areas of the steer.
They are different cuts from each other, but neither look anything like your steak.
Sometimes cut slightly different and called Hanger or Flat Iron

Typical cuts of Skirt and Flank

If I see Hangar steaks I make the butcher un wrap it to make sure...The skirt steaks I have are amazing to...It's all how you cook em and slice em... This flank was thick and took the Marinade well, hit it the cast iron for 3 minutes a side then under the broiler until I hit 135-140 degrees. It's funny how the flank is inline with the skirt and completely different cut.

My Best to you Chile, Tim

Gfish

I's expecting to see a pic. of you ina Kilt!
I've always been a bit irratated by the way they change the common names of fish sold in retail markets so people don't always know what they's buyin.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Big Tim

Quote from: Gfish on November 24, 2017, 05:11:52 AM
I's expecting to see a pic. of you ina Kilt!
Gfish

Happy Thanksgiving G'fish

Shark Hunter

If I can't find a deal on some Ribeye, Strips, T-Bone r the like.
Its hard to beat a Big Flat Iron.
Lots of Bang for the buck. ;)
Happy Thanksgiving Big T! and John. ;)
Life is Good!