My Critter Gitter

Started by xjchad, November 30, 2017, 10:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

xjchad

Quote from: Swami805 on December 16, 2017, 05:00:30 PM
I don't live to far from you. If you ever need help with rods let me know. We need to wet a line sometime!

Thanks! I do need some guides replaced.
Let me know when you head out, would love to join you!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

xjchad

Quote from: fishhawk on December 16, 2017, 05:02:54 PM
Chad, how long is your rod? I have a 10' foot that really throws tins well!

The Fenwick is a 9 footer.

xjchad

Quote from: alantani on December 16, 2017, 05:11:21 PM
sensei, nice post!

Thank you Alan!  :)

Swami805

As soon as this is over we'll get together.could use some surf fishing tips too!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

xjchad

Rothmar2

Fantastic thread! Looking forward to seeing it all finished up.
I reckon there will be at least one of my Jigmasters that will get the adjustable mag treatment. Thanks for the inspiration.

xjchad

I know most of you guys are DIYers, but I do installations as well. Just PM me.

oc1

That's impressive Chad.  It seems like the spacers would provide a lot of extra stability and help prevent the frame from warping without adding weight.  The mag is great too.  You could change the magnet diameter and height to get the braking force in the ball park and then fine tune with the knob.  Well done.
-steve

Swami805

Hey Chad, I see the wind up on your end of the fire, Hope you're not close and stay safe!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

xjchad

Quote from: oc1 on December 17, 2017, 08:50:10 AM
That's impressive Chad.  It seems like the spacers would provide a lot of extra stability and help prevent the frame from warping without adding weight.  The mag is great too.  You could change the magnet diameter and height to get the braking force in the ball park and then fine tune with the knob.  Well done.
-steve

Thank you Steve!

xjchad

Quote from: Swami805 on December 17, 2017, 04:03:47 PM
Hey Chad, I see the wind up on your end of the fire, Hope you're not close and stay safe!

Thanks!
It was scary for the first few days when the fire was only a couple of blocks away.  We're in the clear now though.
Crazy stuff for sure!  Hope you're safe and faring well up there Sheridan!

xjchad

Ok guys, here she is in all her glory!
Penn Beachmaster 155.  Aluminum spool, Newell base and clamp, Smooth Drag handle, knob, stainless sleeve, and drag washers, stainless allen screws, custom adjustable mag, and custom 3d printed spacer bar supports.  Can't wait to spool it up and put it to the test!

mhc

Wow, that's the best looking 155 I've seen - the spacer bar supports and adjustable mag have got potential.
Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Tiddlerbasher