The Perfect Marriage?

Started by gstours, December 05, 2017, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

The best of the best,  pictured below.  ;)  This is for a Penn113h butt now theres a lot of options as we used to make our own stuff like this.   Thanks to all,  the Idea fills the Need.

The crank arm is from Adam (motive fab) and the knob is from Alan (Tani),  Both are very strong and well made.

The screws are stainless steel alan head type and should be better in some ways,  Blue Loc Tite them and your good to go.
I do prefer the offset crank arm, and a little longer swing for my bottom fish.   Now you can order on line,  you know?  for Christmas. ;D

Decker

I think the design of those handles is the best.   The angle allows you to keep the wrist in a straight and strong position.  The grip is tapered wider at the top for the longer, stronger fingers, and  narrower at the bottom for gripping with the ring finger and pinky.   I don't have much experience with offset handles but it seems like the bend helps to keep the cranking inertia closer to the center of the reel.  Hex heads are great too so that you can really make sure they are tight.   

Let's see you bring in a 'butt with that, Gary!