Grease in Florida?

Started by Lunker Larry, December 31, 2017, 06:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunker Larry

I'm getting ready for my annual trip to Florida and was wondering if anyone knew where I could pick up some Cals or Shimano grease. I'll be going to Port Charlotte for Jan/Feb. I have to order it here but thought if it was available in that area I'd pick up a tub.
Appreciate your time. Thanks
Larry
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

RowdyW

You can order it from Penn Parts & you will be sure you have it. It would be hit or miss from a FL. tackle dealer. Cal's isn't in FL. they are in CA.

Lunker Larry

Both are pretty expensive here so I was hoping maybe someone had a place locally that sold either one.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.

RowdyW

Larry, I live in FL. & get my  Cal's & Penn Blue from Penn Parts in N.J.. They have it at a standard price. I've never seen it on sale anywhere but I have seen it priced higher. A 1 oz. container of Cal's will last a long time unless you have lots & lots of reels to service. You don't need to buy the 16 oz. can.

conchydong

Quote from: RowdyW on December 31, 2017, 09:43:07 PM
Larry, I live in FL. & get my  Cal's & Penn Blue from Penn Parts in N.J.. They have it at a standard price. I've never seen it on sale anywhere but I have seen it priced higher. A 1 oz. container of Cal's will last a long time unless you have lots & lots of reels to service. You don't need to buy the 16 oz. can.

This, I only use a dab of Cal's on drags only and use Penn Blue grease on everything else. I haven't made the switch to TSI for oil yet as I still have some Reel X that I want to finish up. I only do my reels and a few for friends so a little lasts me a long time.

foakes

How much do you need, Larry?

I could spare some of mine, and send it out to you.

Generally get (3) 1 pound tubs at the Fred Hall show.  They usually have a special where if you buy (2) tubs -- you get a third one free.

With all of the tree management this year -- only used 2 pounds, not quite.  Generally use (3) 1 pound tubs a year. 

So I have a tan and a purple left -- or I can just scoop out half a pound into the almost used up container -- and send it out to you.

Let me know, N/C.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Lunker Larry

Gentlemen. I really appreciate the info and offer but I can get it here pretty quick, and I get the 1 ounce and it lasts pretty much the season. Just thought I might find a "deal" in my travels.
Thank you all and Happy New Year.

Larry

Capt. Ted's on US 41 just north of the intersection of SR 776 in Murdock section of Port Charlotte has Shimano drag grease.  Good luck, the fishing has been worse than miserable here for quite some time.  Red tide too.

Lunker Larry

Quote from: 0119 on January 07, 2018, 06:20:32 PM
Capt. Ted's on US 41 just north of the intersection of SR 776 in Murdock section of Port Charlotte has Shimano drag grease.  Good luck, the fishing has been worse than miserable here for quite some time.  Red tide too.

Thanks. I'll check it out and compare prices.
Seems like every second year I go down there is a read tide, or draining the flood waters out of Okechobe which ruined everything south one year. But, sunshine and a beer will make up for it. Drilling through a good 24" of ice here to find fish. Stareing into a hole all day is not quite as interesting as what walks by on a sunny beach.

Newell Nut

I have never seen Cal's sold in a tackle shop in Florida. Best to order from Dawn or Ebay and have it with you.
Dwight