Cutting the Cable

Started by Shark Hunter, December 18, 2017, 06:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newfuturevintage

Quote from: Three se7ens on December 21, 2017, 03:56:26 AM
Quote from: newfuturevintage on December 20, 2017, 08:39:39 PM
Quote from: Three se7ens on December 19, 2017, 04:26:18 AM
I did that a few years ago.  Ditched xfinity and went to comcast business class for my house.  Every complaint I had with residential comcast/xfinity went away with the business class.  The service is reliable, and if there is an issue, they will have a tech onsite within 24 hours.  And my bill hasnt gone up since they day I signed up.  And no data cap.  We watch a lot of netflix, and were going over 3 of every 4 months.

We've got Comcast Biz in the office for two circuits, and they've been great to work with over the years. Surprised me given their reputation as being the most hated company in the country for residential service.

Its hard to believe anything that involves comcast can have knowledgeable people answer the phone, run proper remote diagnostics, and if they cant fix it, they will have a rep there within 24 hours.  Ive literally called at 11 pm on a saturday and had a tech show up sunday morning to fix my problem.  And the service almost never goes down.  You do pay a bit more for a given speed tier, but we dont do anything that eats up a ton of bandwidth here, so its not an issue.

Just the idea of the monthly bill not being an Introductory Rate Moving Target has got me pondering making the switch for the home.

Decker

Quote from: Army_of_One on December 18, 2017, 03:41:12 PM
I haven't had cable tv in years.  My kids actually enjoy commercials when we go to hotels.  ;D
My T.V. has Amazon Instant Video and Netflix apps on it.  If I can't find it on Netflix, chances are I can rent/buy it from Amazon.  Walmart has recently jumped on board with VUDU for purchased content.  There are too many options now to continue to pay for commercials.

LOL, I'm in the same boat!  I do everything I can to avoid commercials and my kids enjoy them ::)  My son whistles the "Nationwide is on your side.." jingle.   When I was a kid, Microsoft and IBM were the "evil empire" against Apple.  Now I hear the teens see Apple as on the dark side.  :o  Life is funny!