Post 1990 Seaboy 185 and 190 Stand Ouestions

Started by Keta, December 17, 2017, 04:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

The 185 I have is the post 1990 reel and is similar to the wider post 1990 190.  The stand is wider than a 30-49.   I do not want to drive 20 miles to "work"  (electrical work this week in trade for access to sage rat shooting) today and I'll go to town and measure the stock 185 stand.  One bad thing is I am packing up my shop and moving after 15 years and it is a worse mess than usual, but I have my used stand box on top.  I hate moving!!!!!

This project started with a search for an aluminum spool for a friends grandsons trashed garage sale 60 ("Uncle" Lee can fix this for me) but is on hold now as he decided to follow his real uncle and join the army and is in boot camp. I was given a well used 190 to see if the spool would fit but it is way too wide.  Then I bought a 185 and found that the spool did not fit a 60, but the reel intrigued me with Jigmaster size drag stack and a 3.5:1 gear ratio.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mhc

Thanks, that clears it up for me - good to hear you're moving into the new shop, it'll be worth the pain of moving all your stuff once you get settled in.
Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Keta

Quote from: mhc on December 19, 2017, 12:54:20 PM
Thanks, that clears it up for me - good to hear you're moving into the new shop, it'll be worth the pain of moving all your stuff once you get settled in.
Mike

No new shop, I am moving to a storage unit and my barn. The rent went up over $100 a month and the landlord came up with an unacceptable lease, including a $250 decurity deposit on top of the $300 one we paid years ago.  He denied it and got huffy whem my wife produced the recipt so I told him good by.  As of now 6 of the 10 units will be empty by the end of the year due to the new lease, lack of maintenance and the landlord being a jerk.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Keta

There is only .006" difference in width between the 30-60 and the 30-185, he 30-60 should work but still the weak one.

Mark Twain

Dominick

Quote from: Keta on December 19, 2017, 01:10:05 PM
Quote from: mhc on December 19, 2017, 12:54:20 PM
Mike

No new shop, I am moving to a storage unit and my barn. The rent went up over $100 a month and the landlord came up with an unacceptable lease, including a $250 decurity deposit on top of the $300 one we paid years ago.  He denied it and got huffy whem my wife produced the recipt so I told him good by.  As of now 6 of the 10 units will be empty by the end of the year due to the new lease, lack of maintenance and the landlord being a jerk.
Landlords never learn.  I managed a shopping center for a client.  She always followed my advice and we never had a vacancy.  We were also able to get market rate for the rent.  Reasonableness is the key to good property management.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Keta on December 19, 2017, 06:23:04 PM
There is only .006" difference in width between the 30-60 and the 30-185, he 30-60 should work but still the weak one.

Lee, PM your address and I'll send you a clamp seat for the 185.....no charge

Merry Christmas from the Ohana !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mo65

Quote from: Maxed Out on December 20, 2017, 04:40:57 AM
Lee, PM your address and I'll send you a clamp seat for the 185.....no charge

Merry Christmas from the Ohana !!

I had a feeling Ted would come through on this! Merry Christmas guys! A souped up 185 Seaboy should be a fantastic reel! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Keta

Thanks Ted, I got the stand this morning and the reel is now on a rod and ready to fish.

Mark Twain

mhc

Maxed Out

Very nice Lee.....that's a one of a kind seaboy and if looks could kill you will fill the fish box in short order. Now I gotta get myself a seaboy. Thanks for the inspiration Lee

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mhc

Quote from: Maxed Out on December 24, 2017, 04:16:04 AM

Very nice Lee.....that's a one of a kind seaboy and if looks could kill you will fill the fish box in short order. Now I gotta get myself a seaboy. Thanks for the inspiration Lee

Ted

You've probably already thought about it Ted, but maybe your machinist could make you a few Al stands for the 'post 1990' 185 that would also fit the longbeach 60, seaboy 85, delmar 285 and, if you add 3 extra holes for the different screw pattern, the 2/0 senator.

Mike