Big shout out to Randy at Vintage!

Started by r8rs4lf, November 10, 2017, 10:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r8rs4lf

I'm not even sure how I came across Randy, but we got to talking about Newells and I told him I was looking for an older G220 with a metal jack handle and clicker, sure enough he had it. I was also looking for a G454 graphite base and clamp. I'll be damned, had that too.

I got home from a fishing trip today to a open a box from him.

Inside was the 454 base, clamp, and screws and also the G220. Base is in excellent shape and already installed. Looking over the 220, it looked to be hardly used. Opened it up and sure enough, factory drags still inside. No screws frozen, freespool is fine (expected in Newells), and just in overall fantastic shape! I would consider this to be close to NOS condition. Oiled up the bearings and added a bit of grease to all the screws and back together she went.

All in all a professional and honest transaction. Not to mention his prices are great too!

Big mahalos to you Randy! Looks like your going to be my go to guy for any Newells from here on out.

One more thing I wanted to add is he shipped it all on his dime and didn't even ask to PayPal F&F or add any percentage like a lot of people do. That speaks volumes in my book!!!

otghoyt

Randy @ Vintage Tackle does right things right consistently.  His fishing tackle acumen has enhanced my average abilities countless times over.  I am a loyal customer.

H~

Swami805

X2 on everything you said, heck of a good fisherman too.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

JRD