olympic 631 lw and ocean city 112 schematics

Started by seaeagle2, July 02, 2011, 07:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaeagle2

I've got a olympic dolphin 631lw and an Ocean city 112 that have the boxes and schematic / warranty paper work would anyone be interested in me scanning them and posting them.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Bryan Young

To down load a high resolution copy, right click on the schematics that you want, select "save as" and save it to your computer.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

seaeagle2

I saved the front  as a higher resolutoin PDF file on my computer so if someone wants a more readable copy  I saved it as a PDF on my computer so I could email a better copy to someone if they need it.     
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

redsetta

Great stuff mate. That pinion gear clutch looks interesting.
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

stellafred

Thanks for posting this. I had an OC 112 that failed to free spool when the lever was thrown. Took the right side off, tightened the screw that goes into the lever shaft to get more throw and it now works great!

Nic

Hi there....I recently bought an old shoe box full of parts for $10 at an estate sale. So far I've assembled a fully functioning Penn Surfmaster and a Pflueger Ohio 1978. It looks like I have all of the parts for an Ocean City 112 in the box as well. I'd really appreciate a copy of the schematic....I can't seem to locate anywhere. Is it still available?
Thanks for the help.

Nic Goodson
Rock 'N' Reel Workshop
Sandersville, GA
Nic Goodson
Rock 'N' Reel Workshop

seaeagle2

It's saved on my desk top, I'll email it to you in the next few days

Nic

Nic Goodson
Rock 'N' Reel Workshop

Bryan Young

Can you attached the schematics using additional options, attach function below?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

seaeagle2

What I was trying to say was, I think if I put it in the post, what you see is what you get, but if I send it to somebody as a PDF, then they can enlarge it enough to actually see it and use it.

livebait

Do you still have these? I realize the post is almost 10 years old but I just acquired a 631_LW from an antique mall. The schematics would be very helpful. You can send anything you have to greggodwin@live.com. Thanks!

oc1

If you open up the reel please show pictures.  Isn't that the one that is just like a Penn 209?

Wompus Cat

I have an old schematic of a Dolphin 625 I think but every one of these series I have torn apart are pretty much the same .
The level wind reassembly is a #### with out 3 or 4 hands but it can be done .....lol and pay attention to how you torque down the side plate screws .

And there is amazing similarities with Penn and other Reels in the internals of these Reels.
Good reels BUT  definitely quality and size  of  materials  are sacrificed in the production of them .

Left click once to enlarge then once more to supersize image.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

oldmanjoe

This is the closest available  ;  https://www.reelschematic.com/wp-content/uploads/schematics/Penn/Conventional/Penn%20320GT2.pdf
  or a tube video     

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Wompus Cat

More than a few of the Olympics and reels with a different name but SAME REEL I have broken down had the bridge broke like that in the video (the shafts are just too small) .
I just drilled through the sleeve down to the next detent and used a paper clip to hold it in place
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him