Handle options for torium

Started by Pro Reel, January 11, 2018, 06:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pro Reel

OK, this guy thinks he wants me to restore the 4 toriums. His stock rubber knobs are chewed up. He wants new bigger knobs. Unfortunately he doesn't know what he wants and just wants me to pick something bigger. I wanted to just get new shimano handles and be done with it. I know I can drill the rivets and get knobs from Alan, but that's even more labor time for a customer already looking at more money than the reels are worth. Also. his handle arms are pitted with corrosion, so best to just get new arms also.  Do you guys have any suggestions for another stock handle that fits shimano that might be bigger knobs than stock torium has. The torium stock handles retail for $27. He is hoping I can come up with something nice that's bigger for about that same cost or he would definitely be better off just buying a bunch of new reels.

alantani

he should have an 8mm drive shaft.  my $13 tld 15/star counterbalanced handle arm should fit.  add a $27 3/0 grip for the smaller toriums or the $33 5/0 grip and he should be all set.  it will never have to worry about it again.  the hard part is that this will cost him, sooner or later, because he hasn't been taking care of his toys........  :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Pro Reel

If he went with the bigger one, what would the total cost be for 4 of them put together and shipped?

alantani

shipping is $8 via usps small flat rate priority mail.  the complete handle assembly itself is $40 for the 3/0 grip and $46 for the 5/0 grip.  if he has a torium 40, then the 5/0 grip is ok.  if he has a 16, 20 or 30, then i would recommend the 3/0 grip.  for four complete 5/0 handle assemblies, it's $192 and for four 3/0 complete handle assemblies, it's $168. 

are you certain he is the right customer for this level of service? 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!