New Member from Oregon

Started by Timber Tech, January 09, 2018, 03:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timber Tech

Hello all and thanks Alan for having me.

Funny thing is a thread came up on I fish about servicing your own reels and I replied that I never service any of my 50 or so reels. Decided I would start with my Avets and go from there. This website has already been helpful. Thanks!

Interesting seeing Morro Bay fishing reports. The central coast is where I learned to fish. Great place.

I'm sure I will have some questions soon. 🍻

Dominick

Good to have you on board.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

happyhooker

Bill B

Welcome TT....grab a beer and stay a while....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

foakes

Welcome aboard, TT --

What part of Oregon?

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Keta

I'm glad to see you made it here.  if you run into problems this is the place to cure them.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

ReelFishingProblems

Welcome,
Grew up in Salem and Portland, still have family there.

Nick
Valrico, FL

Timber Tech

Quote from: foakes on January 09, 2018, 05:28:26 AM
Welcome aboard, TT --

What part of Oregon?

Best,

Fred

I'm from the Portland area but more my boat in Newport. We chase Tuna up the coast and will transient dock in Garibaldi and Ilwaco if needed.

Tiddlerbasher

Hi TT from the UK - ask away someone will have the answer :)

Bryan Young

Welcome TT.

We (Alan Tani & myself) will be at the salt water sportsman expo in Salem in February fixing fishing reels. Come on down for a spell, and if you need help with a particular reel, this will be a good time.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

i will also be at the portland show with danny osuna!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

gstours

Welcome to a great reel fixing/maintenance site.  I too never serviced any reels, just got another when they acted up.   evererything you need to know is here,  just ask.    about a million years of accumulated experience thats user friendly.
   I lived on the Portland and outskirts for 30 years, and fished the coastal rivers and bays.  The Oregon coast and economy/fisherys chased me to a happier place in SE Alaska.    Good luck out there!      gst.