Mag Power 980 Bent Clicker Thing...

Started by Crab Pot, March 14, 2024, 03:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crab Pot

So I have been having issued with a rubbing spool on my 980.

Got a bit PO'd with it when it almost locked up and forced the issue.

I think I'm going to regret that.

Opened it back up and the clicker ring thingy was bent toward the spool, which I proceeded to make worse with pliers.

The ring is pressed in and I have a feeling it comes included with the side plate because I couldn't find it listed on Mystic Reel Parts.

Anyone dealt with this before?

Thanks,

Steve
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

Donnyboat

you should be able to work that back into shape, without any heat, been there done that, just hold your mouth the correct way as you do it, good luck, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

jtwill98

Find a socket of the correct size to match the curve on the right side and use it as a guide to bend the left size back into shape.

Bending it can accomplished using pliers. However, I would probably use a vise with soft jars to hold the socket in place and gently use a hammer with brass punch to reshape the piece a little at time.

This assumes the piece was symmetrical.

Crab Pot

Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot!

Steve

1badf350

Don't forget that the clicker "arrow" is supposed to be inside that notch in the spring.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Crab Pot

Quote from: 1badf350 on March 15, 2024, 02:59:51 AMDon't forget that the clicker "arrow" is supposed to be inside that notch in the spring.

Thanks Chris, I pushed it to the side to get the photos.

But it is something I would do!

Steve

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!