A few of my 349s

Started by Keta, January 25, 2018, 05:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhc

Quote from: Decker on January 28, 2018, 06:57:27 AM
Quote from: gstours on January 28, 2018, 05:15:50 AM
Hey there.  Here is a 349 maxed that I found a little while ago, it's a wide version of the original.  An alum spool n a strong frame.  A friend thought it was cool 😎.  I'm wondering what it is?  Wider than a baby 349 and big like a full size 4/0.  Quite nice. I'm thinking maybe of selling it.?  If anyone is interested?  Very good condition.

Wahoo special?

Nice reel Gary, it looks like it is in mint condition - I can't see a mark on it.
Joe is correct - newell, accurate and tiburon all made 349 wahoo special kits although I'm not sure if tiburon made spools or used the newell spools. Accurate also made side plates to match their frames and spools, Randy P at Vintage Offshore Tackle has offered all makes for sale from time to time and would be the best judge on what one in that condition is worth.

Mike

PS: There is a newell wahoo special in Lee's photos at the start of this thread.
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Keta

Quote from: mhc on January 28, 2018, 08:07:59 AM
PS: There is a newell wahoo special in Lee's photos at the start of this thread.

Yup, Bottom right.  It's a Newell in good shape but not near as nice as Gary's Tib.  I also have 2 Tiburon framed 114HN reels that are the same width, slightly heaver and stronger.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

gstours

Thanks,  I havent cracked it apart yet, but its spin is good. The alum spool and frame should be worth something?  When I get around to it I,m thinking of building a narrow 349 but waiting for an alum spool,  is liking to a spare donor heart or liver?  :'(

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain