450 ssg rebuild

Started by Eddie Hernandez, January 22, 2018, 01:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Hernandez

Hi All - worked on my 1st 450ssg found it to be a bit more difficult than a ss and 704z series.The bail setup gave me some issues, i replaced every part involved with the bail. When I tested the reel and cranked it several times I would start to get a clicking sound that would get worse ,after taking apart the roller side parts out several times and reinstalling it seemed to finally work, gave the reel back to my buddy but i still don't feel 100%confident it will hold up. :(

Penn

Quote from: Eddie Hernandez on January 22, 2018, 01:38:04 PM
Hi All - worked on my 1st 450ssg found it to be a bit more difficult than a ss and 704z series.The bail setup have me some issues i replaced every part involved with bail. When I tested the reel and cranked it several times I would start to get a clicking sounds that would get worse and worse,after taking apart the roller side parts out several times and reinstalling it seemed to finally work,still not 100%confident it will hold up. :(

Eddie,

The bail wire angle probably needs to be adjusted.  If the bend of the wire isn't proper the trip will not work as it should.

tony

Eddie Hernandez

Hi Tony- The Bail trips i just get this clicking sound when the reel is spinning..

Penn

Eddie, it may still be the bend of the wire.  Sounds like the lever may be contacting the cam.

tony

Eddie Hernandez

handi2

Eddie Ive done at least 100 of those reels and I still cringe when the bail system is not working right. So many parts to make it work. You did very good..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL