If I Was To Have Only (1) Screwdriver

Started by foakes, January 09, 2018, 07:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

OK, we have all been there --

Disassembling that 80 year old 4/0 Montague, a vintage gold International from 35 years ago, or any reel with stubborn screws.

What I want, is:

Good control
Non slip grip
Short and close to the screw head to hopefully eliminate any damage
Ability to "heel-palm" the driver for maximum pressure before attempting extraction
Good, proper sized bits -- especially when comparing US, Asian, and European Phillips screw configurations

This little Wiha might be it --

It just flat out works for a living -- no excuses, or whoops, or scratches -- just gets the job done the first time with no goobered screws or scratched sideplates.

Available with or without the magazine bit holder.  

$15 to $22.

Amazon, Wal-Mart, etc..

Top quality, and you can use any of the quality bits you already use with this.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

FatTuna

In my opinion, Wiha makes the best screwdrivers. I have a set of small ones that I use for electronics. They are very precise compared to generic tools. I went through multiple sets before I found Wiha. I eventually want to buy a large set when I have a wad of cash to burn.

Shark Hunter

Thanks for that Chad. I have that screwdriver on the way.
This will be great for travel.
26 bit screwdriver. Alan Tani Wrench. Harness lug wrench and a small socket kit.
All set. ;)
Life is Good!

George6308

My go to screw driver. Fits Penn 5-40 screws.

Tiddlerbasher

I too have the Wiha 26 in One screwdriver. If you want to use ordinary 1"/25mm bits with it use a 6mm/ 1/4" spacer (under the bit) something like a small magnet ;)
It's a great tavel tool :)

mo65

I can't get enough of this Picquic Teeny Turner. It's great on the smaller reels. I even have a special ground bit for those insanely odd Crack screws. I've been thinking about adding the larger one...the Stubby...so I don't have to change bits so much. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Shark Hunter

I love the Wiha 26. I don't know how I did without it. A nice Chapman set from Dom.
I think I'm all set. ;)
Life is Good!

Rivverrat

Daron! Thats no Penn on your bench... Jeff

Donnyboat

yes mO65, the teeny turner looks good, men is the Wiha handle made of a rubber type compound, I had a screw driver like that, after you get some grease, or chemical on your hand then transfer it to the handle, the handle gets all sticky, with the chemical reaction, not for me, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Rivverrat on January 21, 2018, 09:27:53 PM
Daron! Thats no Penn on your bench... Jeff
I know Jeff. It is a Daiwa Sealine 600H with Bryan's drag kit and a ss sleeve from Tom. ;)
Life is Good!

Rivverrat

Oh I knew what it was. Was just giving you greif.