the response from alaska airlines!

Started by alantani, January 24, 2018, 11:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

well, as you know, my reel was damaged by virgin america when i traveled to puerto vallarta earlier this month.   i just got this response!

QuoteCustomer.Care.Reply@AlaskaAir.com <Customer.Care.Reply@AlaskaAir.com>
To:
ALANTANI@YAHOO.COM

Jan 24 at 11:53 AM

January 23, 2018

Dear Stanley,

Thank you for your email. Please accept my apology for the experience you had surrounding the damage to your luggage.

In the rare event that a passenger has an issue during domestic travel with their checked luggage, they must file a claim within 24 hours of the flight at their arrival location. If they traveled internationally, a claim must be filed within seven days of the event. Our records indicate that a claim was not filed within the required timeframe. Therefore, we must respectfully deny your request for compensation.

While I would like to provide additional assistance in this matter, I am afraid that I am unable to assist you further. We value your patronage and our hope is that you will allow us to demonstrate the high level of service we are known for and that you deserve on a future flight.

Sincerely,

Christina Chavez
Central Baggage Service

Reference#: 3451481

the nice lady at the virgin america desk in puerto vallarta was supposed to file a report immediately.  perhaps this did not happen.  here are some photos as a reminder!

we'll see what social media has to say about this!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tightlines667

Rough!

This type of thing happens all too frequently.  I would write a few reviews of your experience with the airline's customer service.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

thorhammer

sdlehr

You should be thankful they were able to use your reel as a makeshift brake and stop the plane before it went off the edge of the runway!
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Gobi King

Alan, please call the credit card you bought the ticket with. They may be able to help you.

Seems to be the oldest trick in the book, the gal at the counter will send you away saying I will take care of it, then you find out you had follow up with x days.

Delta did the same to me, tore my bag up, and I waited while the lady at the counter filed the report, did not hear back from them, only to find out, I had to call them with that number, she never said a word about it when I was there.

Read your credit card rule, it is a secondary insurance probably (my amex is), meaning you need to file first with airline.

Respond back to them stating that a report was filed the same day by the staff in PV.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

steelfish

Quote from: alantani on January 24, 2018, 11:18:17 PM
......We value your patronage and our hope is that you will allow us to demonstrate the high level of service we are known for and that you deserve on a future flight.

dont you love that sentense
The Baja Guy

Keta

Elastic Airlines (the flexible flyer) sucks.  They damaged 2 of my rods.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

Quote from: Gobi King on January 25, 2018, 12:05:04 AM
Alan, please call the credit card you bought the ticket with. They may be able to help you.

you're gonna laugh.  I BOUGHT THE TICKET WITH AN ALASKA AIRLINES CREDIT CARD!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

swill88

Question. What would work to protect the scarred up aluminum in the salt?
Steve

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tightlines667

Quote from: swill88 on January 25, 2018, 02:34:06 AM
Question. What would work to protect the scarred up aluminum in the salt?
Steve

One could attempt a crude repair with a metal flake-infused epoxy (like Devcon), and then paint.  It probably will still look terrible, but it may get rid of the sharp edges, and protect against corrosion.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Gotta Love it!
I would fish that reel to the end of time.
Its already been put through the meat grinder.
Service it well and keep on going.
Maybe engrave "Compliments of Alaska Airlines" on the side plate. ;)
Life is Good!

David Hall

I feel your pain!  Fed ex lost all the action parts and screws for a browning .270.  It was insured but I still got nothing because I refused to give them the barreled action.

mikeysm

What I would do Alan is notify the Air Lines and let them know who you are. And advise them that to prevent you from letting all your friends and all the charter services and everyone you know not to use there Air Line unless they make good on your damaged gear. Then direct them to this Web site to show them your serious about this. Mabe they will think it's in their best interest to pay up. I think that a boycott of that Air Line is in order. It's worth trying you never know.

Mike

Rivverrat

If that reel had been in a hard case  it might have still likely suffered some damage