Washer for G332 F

Started by Smols, August 17, 2016, 04:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smols

Where can I get the thin stainless washer that goes between the spacer sleeve and the star? I took the handle off this reel to discover someone had hacked one that is supposed to be for the top of the gear sleeve to fit the bigger area below the star. The picture makes the washer look brass, but it is stainless.

foakes

Hi Paul --

If you could post a ID and OD -- and if one of these would work out of my Newell parts -- I would just drop it in the box when I return your reel to you in a few days.

N/C.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Newell Nut

What you need is the 3-18 washer.

http://www.uluajunkies.com/shopnewell.html    Go to the link and scroll down. They call it a lock washer but it is the 3-18 that goes between the star and drag spacer.

Dwight

Bryan Young

I have a supply and I believe Keta does as well, but probably could not beat UluaJunkies price.  

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Smols

Hi Fred,

Thank you for the offer! The OD is .75" and the ID is .42". It looks like it is the 3-18 washer as Newell Nut suggested - so the interior hole is not round, but rather the shape of the gear sleeve. If you have one that you would be willing to send with the reel, I would appreciate it!

Also, thanks Newell Nut and Bryan for your responses!

Paul

SNAPS

Is ulua junkie's still in businesses?Need some of those slotted washer.

Swami805

No They're gone,which washer you need I might have one. I don't have any of those really thin wavey ones though
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Bryan Young

The ones that goes under the star or handle?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

Quote from: Smols on August 17, 2016, 04:00:12 PM
Where can I get the thin stainless washer that goes between the spacer sleeve and the star?

i usually just leave that one out.  it's pretty useless.  the penn jigmaster wave washer works better.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

On the schematics, 3-16 or 3-18?  I have both.