T4N1 Finished

Started by handi2, January 28, 2018, 07:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

Quote from: rippin_lips on February 17, 2018, 08:08:43 PM
Did you have any issue with your clicker switch being loose? Mine has some wobble and doesn't want to sit square.

Not at all. Did you have the nylon washer for under the click button?
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Shark Hunter

Great work Keith. ;)
I bet it is nice to actually work on your own stuff for a change.
Life is Good!

Benni3

X10,,,,very nice set up,,,400g rod  ;D

handi2

Thanks guys,

I had just enough time to put it together. The shop is getting loaded. Last spring i did 450 reels in 3 1/2 months. I had a friend come in and take them apart for me. Just the Senator reels.

This reel has the 10 tooth SS gear sleeve and one SS dog. That is enough and I know it wont break. Also a SS 4.1 gear set and drag insert. The drag is smooth as butter at 35lbs. I dought anyone will need that much drag.

Its just a tiny bit larger than the Avet HXJ and a bunch more drag capacity.

I cant wait to see what it will do. The season is coming quick.

Keith
Gulf Breeze, FL

rippin_lips

Quote from: handi2 on February 17, 2018, 08:37:08 PM
Quote from: rippin_lips on February 17, 2018, 08:08:43 PM
Did you have any issue with your clicker switch being loose? Mine has some wobble and doesn't want to sit square.

Not at all. Did you have the nylon washer for under the click button?

Yes its there. When I engage the clicker the click spring puts force on it and kinda tilts up because it's got a little play in it.

handi2

You might want to play with the click spring. If they are off just a little everything is off.
Gulf Breeze, FL

Alto Mare

Rounded edge on the clicker tongue faces up, some believe it would work better if it faces down. That is not the case.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

basto

Quote from: Rivverrat on January 28, 2018, 07:43:37 PM
Basic form of whats needed. Little to go wrong. Simple sometimes states elegance to those who can appreciate it... Jeff

X2
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

xjchad

Wow, beautiful rig Keith!!!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

TongassFisher

Keith,

That is one good looking reel, I think that the silver plates are the way to go! I did a 113h narrow with all the goodies in electric blue and I had dings in the brand new Cortez plates after my first time out fishing with it!

That hurt!!!  Oh well now I don't stress keeping it mint, just fish the crap out of it!

My future builds will be silver if parts are available to do so. I'm excited about Randy's extra Narrow 114h frames and spools that are coming. I messaged Tom and he hopes to have 6/0 plates on the market this year too! If all goes as I envision I will have a 114h that looks very similar to your T4N1. Thinking all silver though with the purple spool.

Reel 224

Keith: It's the bomb! 8)

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Tiddlerbasher

thorhammer

That's just flat out inspring. Nice design buddy!

swill88

Great looking setup Keith!

You said 'almost dry' washers. Do you not put much on or just wipe them off real good?

Steve