Funny video review of Squall LD50

Started by jzman, February 24, 2018, 08:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jzman

The reviewer is AvE and hes a Canadian miner?  He does tool reviews and he happened to do a reel today.  I also don't know what the bait clicker is used for.

Rivverrat

This was hilarious.
His attempts to reveal what metal or material is
used leaves a lot to be desired. Some stainless is in fact
magnetic.

The Penn squalls are very good reels for the money
spent. Just not the reels, you mabey want to
hammer the drag & put a max bend on your rod every
time out.

Doing this just wouldn't be " Skookum"  ... Jeff

Alto Mare

This gentleman should be in the movies, I see him as a heck of an actor. Probably took that reel apart a dozen times before filming and patting himself on the back as he was figuring it all out while he taped himself ::).
Not sure what he was looking for on a $170 reel., I personally believe Penn did a great job offering this reel at that price...you're getting a lot for the money.

Sal

Would purchase a truck load if I had the money:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/PENN-Squall-50-Lever-Drag-SQL50LD-Free-Shipping/302024821057?epid=2255377089&hash=item4652150941:g:6eEAAOSwfphafv7L
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Yup, 400 series SS is magnetic and how long does a steel bearing last without grease in the environment most of the reels I get to fix are exposed to.  He said he was going to put moly grease or locktite on the screws, moly will add a 3rd conductor to the mix and fuse the screws to the aluminum so locktite is a waste of time.   He might fish the Frasier in tide water but most likely not so exposure to it won't cause more issues.

$170 US is around $225-$230 Canadian, add the VAT and other taxes, like back and thumb tax, and they probably retail for closer to $275 in Canada.  Even with the favorable (for the US) exchange rate things in my daughters country are not cheep and fuel was crazy high last time we were up, alcohol was worse.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain