FLY EAGLE FLY...

Started by Alto Mare, February 04, 2018, 07:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Decker

I'm willing to arm wrestle Sal to determine who gets the lower number, but would need a little training time. 8)  I wouldn't deserve to have number one.

If I'm not dreaming (most of the time I am  ::)), I would want two additional for my brother and brother in law.  Heck, I'd even pitch in to gift one to someone on the team. 

Decker

The victory parade was amazing, not so much in terms of entertainment, but for the outpouring of gratitude and joy that the fans showed.   As others have noted, the victory is not just for the current team and fans, but moreover has a historical impact for generations of Eagles fans.  There was relatively little visible security for a event of this size in the age of terrorism.  We were packed like sardines on the Ben Franklin Parkway, kids and all.  What happened was very spontaneous, and a beautiful tribute to the city and its history.  Any subsequent Eagles Superbowl victories are not likely to be celebrated at this level.  

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/video/perfect-ending-unforgettable-season

swill88

Quote from: Decker on February 09, 2018, 04:57:21 PM

Any subsequent Eagles Superbowl victories are not likely to be celebrated at this level.    

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o :o :o 8) ??? ??? ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :-* :-* :'( :'( :'(

David Hall

I kinda claim residency,  my first ancestor to the colonies came to Philadelphia in 1715 moved to a little place called compass helped establish the first church there and Died and buried therearound 1740 George Boyd.  Buried with his son George and his grandson George.  One headstone for all three of them.  Pretty sure they'd have been Eagles fans.  Pretty sure they enjoyed fishing too!
So I'll, take serial number whatever!

Decker

Welcome to the bandwagon, David! :D