Nice guys are everywhere...

Started by Alto Mare, February 11, 2018, 04:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

I'm one of the members on Vintage Penn Reels. A couple of days ago this gentleman mentioned having the never released 970 and 980 emblems.
Those say Mag Force instead of Mag Power . I mentioned that I had a few of those reels and wish I could purchase some.
After a couple of days Eric sends me a message asking for my mailing address.
Yesterday I was surprised to find them in my mailbox.
I'm not sure you're a member here Eric, or if you come and look every once in a while. I want to thank you again for such a unique gift, it is very much appreciated.

Eric didn't want anything for them, not even shipping cost.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

festus

Yep, there are some good folks on there.  I've noticed there are some generous members on there, and sometimes some good deals on tackle.  I usually check both that page plus Steve's Fishing Supplies at least 3-4 times a day looking for buys.

gstours

Yes Sal,  It takes one to know one,  somebody coined into a saying.   Thanks again for the nice Box of goodys I received from you. :o
       Helping others is another way to make yourself feel good.   Makes the world a better place.

Gfish

Mabey Eric's onea Fred's close relatives.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Alto Mare

Yes there is Fred, but I have a bunch more. I name a couple, but again there are many more here that enjoy giving and always willing to help.
Tom (Cortez Conversions), Broadway,  $Bill, both Alans, Daron, Dominick, Cone (Bob), Harry, Brett, Bri-Bri, John . These are just a few, there are many more. Ohana is alive and doing  well

Back on the emblems.

Mr  Eric Baisch worked for Penn Fishing Tackle Mfg. for 25 years. he's retired, but still involved with consulting work for them.

What a nice man...

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Benni3

Uncle sal,,,that will make a rare reel  ;D

Alto Mare

Yes it will ;)...by the way, Benni is another guy that understands Ohana.  As I've said, there are many here  :).

coastal_dan

Eric and I swap emails every once in a while, what a nice guy...he did just retire, so here's hoping he loves every minute of it!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Alto Mare

Quote from: coastal_dan on February 12, 2018, 05:37:18 PM
Eric and I swap emails every once in a while, what a nice guy...he did just retire, so here's hoping he loves every minute of it!
How do you manage to get all these connections that I hear about? you must be a good investigator when related to Penn :)

xjchad

Sal,
I asked Mr. Baisch about those as well and he was kind enough to send me one for my 970 build, no charge.
Very generous!
I love the Mag Force logo!

Can't wait to get the rest of the stuff together to finish this build!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Donnyboat

Yes Sal, there is some nice people on this forum, take Tiddlerbasher, Chris, last December, I asked him if I could buy some button screws for a Penn 349, that he had made in Great Britton, they arrived in the mail, mid January, Just the screws, nothing else, I contacted Chris he said not to worry about any money, then there is MHC, Mike, he said he would send me, free of charge, a foot for a 349, also he had a couple of other parts I could have, well I get two/ thirds of a reel in the mail from the other side of Australia,, know charge, then we have Josa 1, Joe, sends me a Shimano drag leaver, free of charge all the way from Canada, not to mention the kind words you sent me, after I posted a topic on the forum last April, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Alto Mare

Cool guys...that's what it's all about.

Chad, I knew you were getting one :).

Sal

Reel 224

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 14, 2018, 11:33:36 AM
Cool guys...that's what it's all about.

Chad, I knew you were getting one :).

Sal

I can remember when I was fresh into reels Sal helped me along with a free penn mag 10, so Cudo's to you Sal!

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

bhale1

X2 on Joe's comment😀
There are many great people on this site, and all seem eager to help and offer advice and or parts!
When I first joined I seriously had no clue what to do to service or build a reel....just needed help on a couple of first trip set-ups for my daughter's. Now of course I've crossed over to the dark side, and feel the need to peek inside every reel,just cuz I can😀.....of course my cheap old digital camera is always the first tool I grab.
Sal is a "great" guy, and me and my girls feel very grateful that he offered help on their reels...can't thank him enough!
Brett