Mystery Reel

Started by Bill B, August 11, 2018, 06:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

The wife bought this mystery reel in a bundle and I have no idea who made it.....maybe someone recognizes it.  There are no markings any where on the outside or inside.  It a metal construction with a magnet sticking on the tail plate and head plate frame and foot.  The head plate is non-magnetic and the posts appear to be chromed brass. An interesting feature is the casting bail (?) with a knuckle buster retrieve. The frame is all riveted, no screws holding it together.  Thanks in advance.....Bill

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

RamseyReelRepair

Reminds me of an old South Bend Anti-Backlash Casting Reel w/Level Wind.

West
Check out the website and gallery!
😎http://www.ramseyreelrepair.com😎

George6308

Reminds me of the unmarked reels that the local W T Grant at 6500 Roosevelt Blvd. in NE Philadelphia used to sell.

Bill B

Looking at pictures, it is similiar to some of the South Bend products, however this one has fewer features, no tail plate bushing, just a hole with the spool shaft sticking out and no provision or threads for an enclosed bushing.  All riveted construction and stamped foot.  This reel is definitely on the low end of the price scale.  Thanks for the input.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

RamseyReelRepair

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on August 12, 2018, 05:12:33 PM
Looking at pictures, it is similiar to some of the South Bend products, however this one has fewer features, no tail plate bushing, just a hole with the spool shaft sticking out and no provision or threads for an enclosed bushing.  All riveted construction and stamped foot.  This reel is definitely on the low end of the price scale.  Thanks for the input.  Bill

Sorry that wasn't it

West
Check out the website and gallery!
😎http://www.ramseyreelrepair.com😎

philaroman

pure guess...  Montague

Reel 224

Pfluger?............................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Alto Mare

I was going to say Pflueger as well Joe. Non exactly identical, but the Pflueger Supreme get close.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.