greetings from Oahu (Eastside)

Started by eastsidecaster808, July 18, 2011, 04:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eastsidecaster808

wussup bryan,

right now i've got a jeff andrews the older one,diawa ballistic 35,and a irw slider.the reels i have are 2 shimano torium30,daiwa saltist single speed (red/blk),shimano kaikon40,shimano trinidad40,penn 113hlw 4/0.(which im lookin to upgrade).waiting for the new irws to come out!! gonna pick up 2 slingers and another slider,gotta match!!! ;D

I usually fish on the eastside of the island...kualoa,kaawaa,punaluu,hauula,laie point.sometimes i venture out to other parts of the island.as of right now i have not caught an ulua YET!!! ??? >:( ::) but its the thought and just getting out is what makes it worth while!! if and when the weather is good then i jump on the boat and plug for them(but still no ulua!!!)hmmmm...do i sense a curse????heheh

Bryan Young

Sorry Dean, been busy to respond.

Sounds like you are locked and loaded for those Uluas.  Don't worry about not catching.  There are many that are fishing and not catching.  It took me 6 years before I caught my first Ulua, and I caught it on Kauai.  Went to fish Molokai as well, and no joy.  That was my first and also my last, but it didn't stop me.  You just have to keep going and enjoy the peace that is out when you are near the breaking surf.  Man, I wish we took pics.  I went immediately to the whoo hoo, then was chopped up for sashimi for the family.

Hanapa'a my friend.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

kamuwela

had fun trying but never got mine. some go a life time with out any, thats me. but ill never forget the fun                                                 aloha kamu                                                     

Dominick

I have the same problem trying to catch a Wahoo.  Maybe I should take a trip to Hawaii for a Ulua instead :). Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.