Daiwa Pluton 200 Help?

Started by fordexpoman, March 20, 2013, 04:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fordexpoman

My Daiwa Pluton is sounding very rough and I am skeptical about taking it apart.  Can someone please post a tutorial with detailed photos on how to clean this reel?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

johndtuttle

If you don't find someone to help you (this is a somewhat rare reel on these boards) then look at tutorials for Shimano Calcuttas or Abu Garcia Ambassadeurs.

They are all level wind bait casters and you should not find anything very different from the standard plan. Most of these reels are just variations on standard design themes with better or worse components/frames/bearings with the odd rare feature that would require some careful dissassembly on your part.

If you take your time and carefully lay things out as you take off the parts you should not get into too much trouble :).

best

alantani

i worked on a pluton a while back.  it was a horrible experience.  everything has to fit back together perfectly.  there is no wiggle room when working on this reel at all.  i would recommend sending this one to daiwa.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

exp2000

These reels were primarily designed for use in fresh water.

This one has seen four years of saltwater use.

You will never see this happen in a Luna.
~