Armchair Halibut fishing Again w Ken

Started by gstours, March 27, 2018, 03:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

My friend Ken went to Seattle for Surgery a month ago so here is his smile for you to see again.    He is a great neighbor.  He,s had knee surgery, a kidney removed, chemo therapy,  and possibly needs some radiation treatments. butt he.s  coming back home tomorrow weather permitting.   I,m wishing everyone best of health.   
  The reel used here is a shimano 20/2 speed and seems good for these halibutts.  The tide was barely running.  we were anchored and this is how we do it.   I used a led berckley light above the bait as you.ll see.  Just another joe average fish,   butt was fun and good eating.

David Hall

Hoping Ken has a lot more fishing to do with you Gary, there's no better therapy!
Thanks again for taking us along with you.

Dominick

"Just another Joe average fish."   ;D :D ;D  That would be a personal best for most.  Good job Ken and the Butt Man.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

reelrepair123

great  gary  thanks for sharing,   harryk

gstours

Thanks and here's Ken last year about this time of the year,  he was my best net man.🤴 I'm hoping to get him back on the boat 🚣‍♀️ soon.  He,s got it in him,   I'm hoping.   🐬

bhale1

Gary,
Sending Good karma your way for Ken. I can see why you miss him! You guys work together like a well oiled machine, and make it look easy. Hope to see another vid of you two back in action soon!!
Brett

Dominick

Hey Gary does Ken know that he is world famous?  Your postings have been seen and read all over the world.  See the world map.  Does Ken lurk on the site as a guest?  Is there any way to send him "get well" wishes?  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Donnyboat

Thanks Gary, you tell Ken, get well from sunny Western Australia, and hopefully he can handle plenty of fish with you in the future, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

broschro

Ron Jones

Praying ceaselessly for Ken. Can't wait to see you two in a video again. YOur exploits are the best entertainment.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

gstours

Thanks for the kind words,  I picked up Ken and his wife at the ferry ⛴ today,  he was tired but in good spirits.   I'm thinking that he will bounce back.  Still has some issues,  butt don't we all?
  As we were taking care of their cat and they both started purring, I knew we would be fishing 🎣 again eventually.   I even asked if he wanted to join us on the forum family.   
   I told him that cause he is a penn guy we would fit in just fine!👨‍💼

Dominick

PM me if he requests permission to join.  I'll approve him right away.  Alan has given me authority to approve members.  Dominick