Jigmaster resto

Started by TongassFisher, March 23, 2018, 02:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TongassFisher

Finished this guy up tonight from parts off a few donor reels. Scored the side plates from an AT member last year but couldn't find the time to do anything with them until today.

Nothing special I know but I thought it turned out alright and wanted to at least share a picture. It's all stock with HT-100s, stock brass main with a used stainless sleeve I had sitting around from a trade I did.

So quick question, is a star labeled 10-60 a fine thread? I'd like to change to a larger star with the same threads to fit this ss sleeve. I tried a larger star off a 309 but it didn't want to thread on smoothly.

xjchad

Nice! Love the clean look!
I need to get a jigmaster or two to play with soon.
Husband, Father, Fisherman

TongassFisher

Answered part of my question, Scott's show the 10-60 star as being course threading I believe.

My question now is, what larger star fits this same thread pitch? Does that even exist?

xjchad

Take a look at Adam's (Motive Fabrication).
Lots of options to choose from.
Husband, Father, Fisherman

mo65

Quote from: TongassFisher on March 23, 2018, 03:27:05 AM
Answered part of my question, Scott's show the 10-60 star as being course threading I believe.

My question now is, what larger star fits this same thread pitch? Does that even exist?

Well...that 309(#10-49) star should have worked...maybe it was just tight? Also a #10-66 will work but it's a tad thicker than the #10-60. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

TongassFisher

Quote from: mo65 on March 23, 2018, 04:19:16 AM

Well...that 309(#10-49) star should have worked...maybe it was just tight? Also a #10-66 will work but it's a tad thicker than the #10-60. 8)

Man I guess I'll have to try it again, or try a different one from a different 309. Maybe the tollerences are stacked and it's just tight.

Mo thank you for the reply this is the exact info I was looking for.

TongassFisher

Quote from: xjchad on March 23, 2018, 03:32:12 AM
Take a look at Adam's (Motive Fabrication).
Lots of options to choose from.

Thanks Chad, I'm a huge fan of the motive stars!

I should have said I'm trying to keep it stockish looking.

Ron Jones

I really like a 66 star on a Jigmaster. The thicker star is easier to turn when your hands are cold and wet.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

Great Looking Jigmaster Trev. ;)
Life is Good!

Swami805

nice looking reel. tough to beat a jigmaster for a do it all reel
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Gfish

I've used both the 10-49 and the 10-66 stars on 98-60 sleeves and I really prefer the 10-66 on the Jigmaster. If you go that route you may have to sand or file or grind the cylinder sleeve(what I call it) 'cause a the star thickness factor.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Alto Mare

Quote from: mo65 on March 23, 2018, 04:19:16 AM

If you work on many reels, its a good idea you get yourself a tap for the star.
Some times they've been under too much stress and re tapping will bring them back.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

By the way, nice reel TongassFisher!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.