Weight different between black aluminum spool and chrome brass spool

Started by RSIA-01, May 18, 2021, 08:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RSIA-01

Hello,

I want to know weight different between newer model aluminum spool and older model chrome brass spool Penn Senator in many model?
Ex. 115 vs 115L 116 vs 116L 117 vs 117L

Thanks

nelz

Don't know about the others, but the 113H brass spool weighs around 11oz !!!  :o
I forget what the aluminum one weighed, but it was much lighter.

Gfish

I acutally found a slight weight diffrence in the 113H chromed brass spools. Have 3, with 2 of 'em from probably a few years latter are about 2 oz. lighter the one from the earlier time. These 3 are from the 60's & 70's, maybe? These are those side drag access models that can be used as wire-liners. Could be off on the era, as I'm going by plate condition/color.
Wish I had a good weight scale. Good question RISA-01.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Jeffro

Although not a Senator, I was curious about a 349 build.  Chrome n brass spool weighed in a hefty 12.9 oz while an aluminum Newell a svelte 6.1 oz.  Definitely sportier handling with the alum!

Gfish

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Maxed Out

Agreed, the newell 349 spool is a game changer. The only problem is finding one. They are rare as hen's teeth. The wide 349 newell kit is much easier to obtain

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Jeffro

Quote from: Gfish on May 20, 2021, 04:20:20 AM
Cool. Thanks Jeffro! How much for a scale like that?
Not sure... took advantage of this one from work.  I do have a very basic kitchen scale that works for small stuff that only runs about 20 bucks.

Jeffro

Quote from: Maxed Out on May 20, 2021, 05:07:28 PM
Agreed, the newell 349 spool is a game changer. The only problem is finding one. They are rare as hen's teeth. The wide 349 newell kit is much easier to obtain

Ted
Randy somehow came up with an NOS Newell for me a few years ago.  I ended up building his Yoyo kit instead, another great 349 option.  If someone here is looking for for the Newell, PM me as I can "pay it forward".  Oh, the Tib Yoyo spool .40 lbs equates to about 6.4 oz, very sporty also.

El Pescador

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

JoseCuervo

Quote from: El Pescador on May 20, 2021, 06:06:40 PM
Quote from: Maxed Out on May 20, 2021, 05:07:28 PM

Ted

Ted...Meister!!!!

Here is a Newell 349 Spool!!!!    Someone jump on it!!!!!

Wane

That guy has a ton of Newell stuff, handles and spools for a lot of different reels to start. Over 1000 items. Click on "see other items" under the seller info.

Rob