Help with Squeaky noice on Daiwa 100TSH MegaForce

Started by LukeG86, April 14, 2018, 06:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LukeG86

Hello all, so a buddy of mine needed a his Daiwa cleaned pretty bad. I've always done my own so I thought I'd give him a hand and clean his also. Well I got it all completely taken apart and cleaned. Bearings cleaned out and dried all of it. Regressed and lubed but after doing so it now has a Squeaky noise when reeling. I have taken the spool out and it still makes a squeak so I think I can eliminate the spool. I cleaned and oiled the knobs and eliminated those. Ithe only part I could maybe think it may be is the gear assembly. When cleaning that it has a bunch of rust and such .there seems to be a roller bearing. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you very much for your time.

Rivverrat

I'm going to guess spool, handle shaft or bearing... Not very familiar with this model Jeff

LukeG86

Yeah it's a old reel. I'm 32 and if I'm not mistaking this reel came out when I was like 14 lol. Do you have any experience with a gear assembly? That was the only part that was almost corroded. Anything I could try soaking it in? I thought I cleaned it pretty well but I may take it all apart and try again.

Porthos

Is the part of the gear sleeve where the roller bearing sits rusty?