Tiburon 20/0 Kits for Penn 14/0 & 16/0 Are A Go! Please Read & Confirm Orders

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, April 18, 2018, 06:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: 1badf350 on April 18, 2018, 11:40:13 AM
Awesome Randy!!!! am still in for silver/silver
Are they marked, serialized or dated? Can I still get the first one?
Edit- deposit sent

Thank you Chris!  Tiburon has agreed to number the kits (i.e. 1 of 17, 2 0f 17, etc.), but I am planning to take number one.  We were planning to put the graphics on the bottom of the frame and keep the rest of it clean.  We are going to use the "old-style" engraved graphics, not the newer laser graphics.  If anyone has any ideas on graphics, I would love to hear them.  In light of the 80 year old pedigree of the 16/0, I would like to keep it somewhat conservative and tasteful.  There will be a top cross member, so it's possible to put something there.  I had one idea to just show a finning swordfish but I don't know how well that could be reproduced on the frame.

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

mikeysm

1badf350

Thats cool Randy, you did all the legwork so you deserve the first one. I'm assuming we will go in order of the original thread? You, me, 54bullseye, and so on?
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

twotone

twotone

mikeysm

Randy it looks like tiburon it going the extra mile to make the frame as strong as possible. A sword fish would look great engraved.

Mike

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: 1badf350 on April 21, 2018, 12:33:14 AM
Thats cool Randy, you did all the legwork so you deserve the first one. I'm assuming we will go in order of the original thread? You, me, 54bullseye, and so on?

I think that would be the most fair way to do it Chris.

Benni3

Maxed Out

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on April 21, 2018, 07:01:54 PM

That may be logistical nightmare for you and tiburon....you'd need to make a very detailed list to make sure each serial# had the color requested, and tiburon would have to spend extra time making sure each serial# went to correct color . I'm totally happy with #17, or whichever number I end up with
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

54bullseye

I will go with majority but my preference would be very little as far as graphics !!!  Maybe "Tiburon 20/0 and serial number but I would vote no on any fish or picture graphics.  As I said I will go with the flow but that's MHO !!!!   John Taylor

54bullseye

Quote from: Maxed Out on April 21, 2018, 07:23:48 PM
Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on April 21, 2018, 07:01:54 PM

That may be logistical nightmare for you and tiburon....you'd need to make a very detailed list to make sure each serial# had the color requested, and tiburon would have to spend extra time making sure each serial# went to correct color . I'm totally happy with #17, or whichever number I end up with
I really think with only 17 kits it would be pretty easy to get colors and serial numbers straight.  John Taylor

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thank you for your concern Ted.  It's a good point, and I will make sure to give Tiburon a correct list of colors and serial numbers.  Worst case, with only two colors I have a 50/50 chance of getting it right!

mikeysm

No one really has any idea who is ahead of who. Randy put the names in a hat and have one of your kids draw the names. keep number 1 for yourself and draw the rest. Its only fair to do it that way.

Mike

Shark Hunter

The number means nothing to me.
As far as the graphics. This reel is world known as the Jaws reel.
I think the graphic should reflect that.
It is not a swordfish reel. JMO
Life is Good!

mikeysm

Im setting mine up for shark fishing also. Lee was going to make me a shark handle for my
  reel. I sent him a plate of 316 to make some handles.

Mike