Cerakoted my Original Penn International 12

Started by Tightlines667, March 10, 2018, 07:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

Quote from: handi2 on April 28, 2018, 10:21:49 PM
John thats super cool. Are you getting more than 12lbs of drag? Would the original bellville's be better?

Keith

Not sure what kind of drag numbers I will end up with, but I think I will likely go with stock Bellevilles in a ((() config.  Upgrading to a CF disc should have given me room for 2 or 3 more stock washers since the CF is less than 1/2 the thickness of the stock asbestos material.  Freespool will not be good due to the shady being pressed in to the spool, and 2 plastic spacer bushing being used on either end of the drag spring.  The positive is there are less bearings that can fail. 

I am going to spoil it with 65lb solid core diawa with a 50lb floro topshot, so it would be nice to get 15-20lbs at strike.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

gstours

You did good.  been watching the post.  Now I must ask what crank arm is shown with the alan t knob?   Ive got several 16 s reels that need that.   Is the 12 and the 16s using the same size gearsleeve hole?   Just wonderin? :)

TheReelShop

Nice job i recall you mentioned this to me in my post on my deal with the 80. I noticed "dimples" or "craters" in the aluminum after I pulled it out of the liquid. Did that happen with yours? After having it coated, I noticed I could have filled the craters with metallic bondo, sanded smooth for a nice finish and then coat it. Maybe for next time. I also noticed a change in spacing secondary to material removal.

Swami805

Bryan put a tiburon crank on mine, Haven't had a chance to use it yet but it feels light years better than the stock crank. Thanks Bryan, can't wait to try it,just need some bigger fish to move up this direction.
Do what you can with that you have where you are