need help from Australia

Started by Pro Reel, May 09, 2018, 11:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pro Reel

A friend of mine has a Daiwa Certate 2506H Hi Gear custom. His bail got bent and I tried to order the part from a US version of a 2500 sized certate. Unfortunately it's just slightly different. I found the exact reel model number on an Australia site, spin-review.ru . The part number seems to be 6H414701 Can anyone get this part for me and then ship it to the US? If so let me know what the cost would be.

exp2000

Hi Pro Reel.

Happy to help out.

The good news: Daiwa have the part in stock and are sending me the schematic.

The bad news: Cost price to me is A$66 + GST + $10 postage +20% total supplier fee.

Thats gotta be close to A$100 just to get it here. Then there is shipping cost to you.

At least the USD is in pretty good shape these days.

Do you wish to proceed?

Regards,
Brett
~

exp2000

Well no schematic after all.

Just an excel spreadsheet of part numbers

This happens some times with newer reels.
~

Cor

Quote from: exp2000 on May 10, 2018, 01:21:30 AM
Hi Pro Reel.

Happy to help out.

The good news: Daiwa have the part in stock and are sending me the schematic.

The bad news: Cost price to me is A$66 + GST + $10 postage +20% total supplier fee.

Thats gotta be close to A$100 just to get it here. Then there is shipping cost to you.

At least the USD is in pretty good shape these days.

Do you wish to proceed?

Regards,
Brett
~

This is the situation down here with most things I buy, from anywhere in the world.    Purchasing power would then mean that in our local currency A$100 = equal to a labourer's pay for a week.
Cornelis

Pro Reel

Thanks for checking. That's to expensive. I may have found it through a dealer in japan called Plat. The cost is still twice what the same bail would be from Daiwa USA. Don't know what the shipping will be yet. Looks like total cost will be close to $60 US.

exp2000

Quote from: Pro Reel on May 10, 2018, 11:56:13 AM
Thanks for checking. That's to expensive. I may have found it through a dealer in japan called Plat. The cost is still twice what the same bail would be from Daiwa USA. Don't know what the shipping will be yet. Looks like total cost will be close to $60 US.

Yeah, the service from Daiwa Australia is so bad that you are often better off ordering from Plat if they stock an identical part.

Their freight is also quite reasonable and they are always a pleasure to deal with.
~