Thanks Alan and crew!

Started by dogtagger, August 09, 2013, 12:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel.B

Holy Mako!!!

WHat a catch. Glad to hear you let her go too.....

Mandelstam

Congratulations! :)

And nice to hear that you know have a mako swimming around plotting vengeance... :) The best fishermen are the ones that can let a catch of a life time swim away after a good fight.

Respect!

"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Shark Hunter

Mako of a Lifetime!
Very Impressive! Congratulations, and I think I need a Daiwa 900 now! ;D
Life is Good!

BMITCH

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 10, 2013, 04:42:18 AM
Mako of a Lifetime!
Very Impressive! Congratulations, and I think I need a Daiwa 900 now! ;D

SH, big Mako's jump on Penn's too. ::)
luck is the residue of design.

steelfish

Quote from: dogtagger on August 09, 2013, 12:13:05 AM
........ Last week I caught my largest fish ever on rod and reel-- a 10 foot 500-600 lb mako. The best part is it was caught with a tani'd Daiwa 900 with Alan's drag kit and kolekar 6/0

old post but I recently got a 900H and before open it and service it I will order some AT drag upgrade for the reel, man!! this mako report just convinced me to service it, upgrade it and keep it in my arsenal for long, I was thinking to sell it but it just too good, this will be my second my reel for sharks along the international 50s.
I just need to set up a trip for shark fishing one of these days.

The Baja Guy

David Hall

alantani

daiwa seems to have been following a path to bass fishing and abandoned their line of saltwater reels.  even the few saltwater reels they have left seem to self destruct, given enough time.  it's been hard to watch. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

happyhooker