Penn 875lc Fault?

Started by gareth231, May 23, 2018, 07:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gareth231

Hi, looking for some advice on a penn 875lc - trying to program it (line counter) but keep on getting E (error coming up)

I think I am doing it correctly!?

1. I switch the reel on, comes up with 701, then says  888 turning the reel changes the numbers up and down.

2. I hold down the red button for a few seconds and 3 lines appear.

3 I fit the bogey wheel, I then start to load line on the reel, the dashes start to move exactly after the 3 revolutions of the handle it come up with E - I brought another reel exactly and that does the exact same thing..  if I wind the line on backwards it seems to count fine but when I press the red button it comes up E again.

Has anyone had the same problem? I am wondering if the bogey wheel is faulty? does anyone know how the bogey wheel works? does it send a signal to the process via a magnet?

Any help greatly appreciated

handi2

I thought the counter only worked correctly when line is going out.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

mizmo67

I thought the same, that it only count when it's going out.

Owner's manual
http://www.mysticparts.com/Assets/images/pennparts/manuals/om855_875_895lc.pdf
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

gareth231

Thanks the info guys - youre both correct

I Wasnt following the instructions correctly - if anyone else gets an error when loading the line on the reel - make sure you're following the instructions exactly  ::)

InTheNet

You have to follow the directions EXACTLY as in the manual. If you need a manual a have lots of them.