Got my mojo working

Started by gstours, May 26, 2018, 04:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

First halibut of the many delayed season,  early morning tide was easy.  150 ft ,  anchored  and used herring and octopus juice scent.   Kapow 🤷‍♂️

Swami805

Looks like some fine dining right there but I got to ask when is your mojo not working?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Maxed Out

Looks like a year supply from one day of fishing. We used to have 3 months, now we are down to 4 days in May and almost guaranteed nasty weather on those days. Glad you still have what can be called a "halibut season"
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Shark Hunter

Kapow! Indeed.
Dat is a lot of Butt Meat. ;)
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Nice!

Way to start the season with a bang!
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Cor

Highly skilled filliter, I have never eaten it, but looks like very nice meat.
Cornelis

David Hall

Reel 224

Beautiful filet's! What are you going to do next? Smoke them?

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Donnyboat

good catch, look like nice white flesh, have you soaked it in a salt water solution, do them fish have any dark meat in them, thanks for posting, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

gstours

Thanks for the great questions,   These filets as shown have the skin on the bottom.  I always remove it with a long knife and trim a little as there is some fat ot cartilage/ gristle.  Maybe 2% if you're good.
    Then I portions it and vac package or use food grade film wrap and then freeze.   
    Very lean,  no fat.  Freezing is good for a year.   
    Tonight we poached a piece in water and a chicken broth cube.  Add fish w some sugar and salt. Cook till medium done ( quick). Then remove and broil for a couple minutes.   Then dredge pace I. Garlic butter wit a salad.   Healthy and earthy.    Yum.     Great for leftovers snacks.  Cream cheese and crackers.😇