Abu Garcia Combo

Started by Reel 224, June 06, 2018, 01:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

This Abu 7000C reel and rod combination I could not pass up.

Joe

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

exp2000

Latest and greatest huh. Hope that the worm drive is bearing free on this one.

Quality has gone downhill a bit on the new ones. The worms on a few 6500s I have serviced were warranty jobs: The drive cog was free spinning on the shaft.

Haven't done any new 7000s though. Is this one of the rumored Swedish models or the usual Chinese production?
~

Reel 224

It does not say made in China I looked it all over, but that doesn't mean it's not. As soon as I brake it down after this season I will find out what this reel is made of or not. For the price I would say it would surprise me if were not made in China. I can only hope the quality is there.

Joe 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

exp2000

Quote from: Reel 224 on June 06, 2018, 02:37:47 AM
It does not say made in China I looked it all over, but that doesn't mean it's not. As soon as I brake it down after this season I will find out what this reel is made of or not. For the price I would say it would surprise me if were not made in China. I can only hope the quality is there.

Joe 

Got schematics?
~

Reel 224

Quote from: exp2000 on June 06, 2018, 04:59:39 AM
Quote from: Reel 224 on June 06, 2018, 02:37:47 AM

Joe 

Got schematics?
~

Yes

Joe

exp2000

akfish

The handle looks like it is from a Chinese model. These reels have a small made in China sticker on the foot-- which is easy to remove.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Reel 224

Which ever the case China or Other I'm not going to worry about that. For the price of the combo, if it last a few years then I'm ahead of the game. This was my first dive into a add like this and I bit.

I have to say though it is a smart looking outfit ;D

Joe

festus

I've never owned the 7000C or 7000I I understand one or the other is made by Omoto.

Reel 224

exp2000: Hear is the site to go to for the schismatics http://www.abugarcia.com/AbuGarcia-reel-schematics.html for the 7000C

exp2000

Quote from: Reel 224 on June 06, 2018, 06:02:59 PM
exp2000: Hear is the site to go to for the schismatics http://www.abugarcia.com/AbuGarcia-reel-schematics.html for the 7000C

Yeah had a look there but no luck - just the old models.
~

Marcq

Nice combo  8) I used to own the 7000i, I believe it was made in taiwan. I loved it, good caster for the beach even with the levelwind

Marc..

Reel 224

exp2000

Reel 224

That's all I can show you and that is what Garcia is telling me off there site.

Joe