Going to get my MOJO back... day one pic. no skunk.

Started by Big Tim, July 03, 2018, 02:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

swill88

Nice picture BT.  That's a fat fish and you're gettin thin.

MarkT

That sandy would look even bigger if your arms were longer!

How's that Tsunami spinner?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Maxed Out

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

pjstevko

Big Tim

Quote from: pjstevko on July 06, 2018, 01:48:19 PM
Where's yesterday's catching report?

Day 2:

Fish Count On the Cobra... Jul 5, 2018   Full Day   10 anglers,   1 Calico Bass 4 Barracuda 3 Bonito 40 Ocean Whitefish  :o Lot's of wind...9+ swell & the water temp dropped 10 degrees.

On the bright side  ;D I caught  3 Barracuda, 2 Bonito, 10 whitefish and the Jackpot..Tuff day...Tuff conditions

BT

I did get one WSB!!! Yup the elusive White Sea Beef  ;D

Swami805

Yikes! I'm going Tuesday,hope it straightens out by then.   That steak looks delicious gotta love a cast iron skillet for a rib eye!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

mo65

No skunk is a good thing! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Big Tim

Quote from: Swami805 on July 07, 2018, 01:42:12 AM
Yikes! I'm going Tuesday,hope it straightens out by then.   That steak looks delicious gotta love a cast iron skillet for a rib eye!

It's that hurricane? It could easily flip in the next couple of days, but all the crab are gone and the live squid is hit & miss...We got nothing on FIN bait...I was was the Hot Stik yesterday  ::) I tried to loan out the Tsunami gear, but we couldn't catch anything on anything.
BT

Swami805

I've been going pretty much every other Tuesday for the last few months. Everything anyone caught was on the hook-up baits, and all the fish were coughing up red crab. We tried everything else for nada. When the temp drops 10* that will give everything lock jaw pretty much. The good thing about the red crab was it kept all the fish in the shallows, the bad thing is they wouldn't eat anything else. This time of year there's a wall of gill nets 1 mile off the island, if the fish move deep they'll end up in the nets. We were seeing seabass everywhere but they wouldn't eat.
It could be the swell from the hurricane forces the deep water up to cool it off, I don't know. The guy on the Cobra is pretty fishy too, not the greatest boat but 10 guys is worth it.
Just got to keep going
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Dominick

Quote from: Swami805 on July 07, 2018, 01:42:12 AM
That looks like a pork chop to me.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Vintage Offshore Tackle