need your opinions...

sugestions
0 (0%)
referral
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

pinoy101

hello everyone.. hoping all are well..

i hope you all can help me, i recently ordered a set of cf washers for a 401 calcutta from a local guy here in the philppines, who is a member of a local fishing forum ( buy n sell fishing items) . which i'm a member too. he told me me that he orders them abroad.  the item arrived but i'm not happy about it. the three pcs have flat or glaze spots on them,  the other pc is clean . my question is,  are they new or used ? can i still use them ? would they function good ? what would be your opinions ?...

thank you much for your replies...

alan s.

Alto Mare

I've seen this before, it's glue from lamination. I think they will settle in, they don't appear to be that bad.
I have installed them in lever drag reels and heard no complains afterwards.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ron Jones

I agree. Grease them, install them, and realize they'll get smoother with use.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Gfish

Agree with Ron & Sal, though it's impossible to be definitive from a photo. Good to know about the glue thing though, never seen that before.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

alantani

yup, not a problem.  sometimes i get people in here who are a very limited budget.  i've reused really grungy carbon fiber drag washers before and they've worked just fine!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

pinoy101

great !... I thought the three pcs. were doomed! ... it's really good to be here this site ! learning new things..

S' Sal , S' Ron , S' G fish , S' Alan T.

Thank you very much ...

alan s.