New from Longwood, FL

Started by Danwin22, July 31, 2018, 11:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danwin22

My favorite fishing gear is Ultralight spinning and pan-fishing.

In the early 1960's a friend showed me his UL setup, a tiny green Alcedo Micron reel on a wispy St Croix rod and I was hooked.

USAF 1958-'62   NRA Member

xjchad

Sounds like a neat rig!  Got any pics?
Welcome!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Danwin22

Oh, that Alcedo was my friend's outfit.

I bought a pair of Garcia-Mitchell 308's with a Garcia Blue rod and a Garcia Gold rod, still have them.

Then I bought a Quick Microlite reel that was built like an anvil but it had a single blade on the front and the line would catch on the blade instead of the spool.  It was stolen when real estate showed the house.

Around 1974 a fishing store owner told me I had to come in and see a new reel he just got in.  It was a Daiwa SS No. 1 and once I held it  and turned the handle there was no way I couldn't buy it.  I also picked up a 5'-6" Fenwick UL rod and it's still my favorite combo.
USAF 1958-'62   NRA Member

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

theswimmer

Hey welcome !
Use the ultralight stuff everywhere in the summer.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Donnyboat

Welcome Dan, all the way from sunny Western Australia, enjoy your time with us, good Ohana people here, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

swill88

Welcome from the California delta.

Steve

happyhooker

Welcome, from Minnesota.

Love UL for crappie & bluegill. 

Frank

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Welcome Dan.
You can replace that Micro Lite.
They are available and A fine reel that I would want to. ;)
Life is Good!

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Tiddlerbasher

Gobi King

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

STRIPER LOU

Reel 224

Welcome from Central NJ...................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."