Anyone got a 500/501 they don't use anymore?

Started by Barishi, June 25, 2022, 08:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barishi

Hi guys, been lurking on this forum for a while. I once got a Penn Jigmaster that I destroyed trying to remove the sideplate on. Think it was stuck due to the frame being hella twisted. I rounded the gear sleeve on trying to get the sideplate off. I tried everything up to WD40 and nothing worked in getting it off. Either way, I can't reassemble the thing as the drags fall out and the pinion gear does not sit properly because of the springs pushing it up.

Does anyone have a spare jigmaster body (and hopefully an aluminium spool, I only do jetty fishing) that they can let go for cheap? (And ship to Singapore?) I wish to transplant the internals from mine into that new body. Its an old model with the steel gears and posts, which are bent slightly. I've moved on to a Daiwa Slosh but I really regret breaking the Jigmaster and I want to put it back together.

Thanks for reading, have a nice day!

Benni3

With free shipping ebay is the best place,,,, ;D

Barishi

Quote from: Benni3 on June 25, 2022, 11:36:59 AMWith free shipping ebay is the best place,,,, ;D

Did a quick check. I'm looking for a "parts only" body jigmaster and nothing really popped out. Also, average shipping price is like $30, and there aren't any jigmasters on my local eBay so I asked here...

handi2

Quote from: Barishi on June 25, 2022, 12:14:31 PM
Quote from: Benni3 on June 25, 2022, 11:36:59 AMWith free shipping ebay is the best place,,,, ;D

Did a quick check. I'm looking for a "parts only" body jigmaster and nothing really popped out. Also, average shipping price is like $30, and there aren't any jigmasters on my local eBay so I asked here...

I will look and see
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Barishi

Quote from: handi2 on June 25, 2022, 04:17:14 PM
Quote from: Barishi on June 25, 2022, 12:14:31 PM

I will look and see

Thank you so much.   :D

Just to be clear, if the tips of the gears are shiny, thats normal right? From engaging and disengaging into free spool?

handi2

What do you want? I have Jigmaster side plates and bodies

Just send me your address please
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Barishi

Quote from: handi2 on September 25, 2022, 05:57:53 PMWhat do you want? I have Jigmaster side plates and bodies

Just send me your address please

Sorry I stopped looking for this. Really apologise for any inconvenience, i should have updated the thread