120 series Low Profile

Started by RamseyReelRepair, August 15, 2018, 03:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RamseyReelRepair

So I just talked to a fellow about working on his reels. he says he has 6 120 series low profile reels and that they are the hardest reel ever to put back together. He is interested in me working on them but sad to say im not sure what he is refering to. he said the line counter is impossible to put back in. Please help me understand what reels he is refering to. Is it a baitcaster?

West
Check out the website and gallery!
😎http://www.ramseyreelrepair.com😎

foakes

I would need a better description, if it were me, West —

Brand, model, etc.

Most of the "120" reels are baitcasters, and generally refer to 120 yards of 12 lb test spool capacity.

Having guessed at that, I would also be wary, because —

* He has obviously gotten into the reels since he can't get them back together properly

* Parts May be missing or broken

* Many of these reels under various brands and models are mostly plastic and graphite

* If an angler has (6) of these identical — he is likely a tournament bass guy — meaning these have a fair amount of miles on them

* Parts might not be available easily

Just need pics and models — then you can find some help online, most likely.

Charge enough, and don't be afraid to turn the job down — if it looks like a lot of time, and the guy doesn't want to pay you a fair price.

Just my thoughts — you are Pilot in Command.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

RamseyReelRepair

Thanks Fred that's very helpful!

West
Check out the website and gallery!
😎http://www.ramseyreelrepair.com😎