8-17-18 Seabrook NH with 54Bullseye

Started by 1badf350, August 20, 2018, 02:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badf350

I have to give a big thank you to John Taylor for the invitation to fish with him this past weekend! We went out of Seabrook,NH and fished for Haddock, Pollack, and Cod. I caught so many fish my arms are still sore!! I had a great time!! John and Brenda are quite possibly the nicest folks Ive ever met.
Thank You John!!
I was also able to meet droppedit (Dave Turner), also an extremely nice fellow!

Fishing was so good we didnt have time to take pictures, but here is one of me, John, and Doug.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

bluefish69

Chris

Was that 1 of the Eastman boats that you fished on? I used to fish with Phil at least 6-8 time a year. It's a 4 Hr drive for me.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

1badf350

Mike,
As a matter of fact it was. Phil was our captain.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

droppedit

Was great fishing with you guys. Hope we can do it again soon but without the cooler attacking me ;)
Was a 1st for me to see a 500 lb ocean sunfish hooked up. Would of been great seeing John and Doug trying to gaff it.
Some days the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.

http://www.turnerscustomrods.com

1badf350

Hahaha Dave, I would rather have seen what spooled Doug so fast.
-Chris

54bullseye

Here is Chris's Ocean Sunfish !!  Maybe not 500 lbs but all of 200 lbs plus !!  Great job Chris. Fish was cut free at boat.   John Taylor

1badf350

LOL yea the whole time "Look here Chris I wanna get a picture"
My shirt should say "Dying to Sunfish "
Better than Doug's shirt LOL
-Chris

FatTuna

Wow, I've never seen a hooked sunfish before. Was it foul hooked or did it actually eat the bait?

54bullseye

If you click on last picture of just the fish and blow it up you will see teaser in it's mouth !!! Not foul hooked. Phil Eastman the owner / Captain of the boat said he never saw one bite before.   John Taylor

FatTuna

My buddy hooked a giant leather back sea turtle once. It ate a live mackerel at mid water. He said it pulled drag, thought he was on a small tuna or bluedog.

droppedit

Quote from: 1badf350 on August 28, 2018, 10:26:17 PM

Better than Doug's shirt LOL

Too funny! I still laugh when I think of his shirt.
Maybe I'll start marketing those rods as a "Sunfish Special". I've been fishing that area for 51 years and never seen that, then after you broke off my line snagged your leader. Thought my poor bait rod was going to snap. Never saw it bend that much. Fun trip and hope we can do it again when the pollack bunch up.

Dave

Some days the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.

http://www.turnerscustomrods.com

1badf350

It could have been a 5 gallon bucket i was pulling in it didnt matter. It was a fun trip. Ive never done that type of fishing before. John and Brenda were so nice and accommodating. I will remember that adventure forever.
I try to forget waking up to 5 dogs french kissing me on the couch but its ok i kinda liked it.
-Chris