Bristlecone Pines of the White Mountains, CA Aug. 11, 2018

Started by El Pescador, August 19, 2018, 09:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Fred,
You are looking a little thin in the skin with that pony tail. ;)
Life is Good!

Steve-O

Very Cool Non-Fishing report, Wayne! Thanks for sharing.

We went to the NV Bristlecone pine groves in Baker, NV a few years ago.  Up on Wheeler Peak in the Great Basin park.

and correcto-mundo on collecting wood samples.

Please remember that everything in a national park is protected. Some bristlecone pine wood on the ground may be thousands of years old and important scientifically. Please leave all down bristlecone pine wood in place.

The mtn mahogany is fair game and a better choice, though IMO.

The Prometheus tree was in this park...until a "scientist" got permission to cut it down to count the rings. What a moron. You can see the stump in the visitor's center and count the rings.

No more cutting after that faux pas.

Dominick

Wayno... thanks for the pics and the report.  I don't know how to rotate the photos once they are posted.  I would appreciate it if someone that can, will post the way to do it.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

oc1

Open the photo with your operating system's photo viewer.  It should happen automatically when you click on it.   Then rotate the photo with an edit tool.  It will be saved in that orientation when you exit.  Then remove the old photo and replace with the newly saved version..... I think.
-steve

steelfish

thanks for sharing Wayne, great pics of those latitudes
The Baja Guy