Some Halibut action on the Maiko

Started by gstours, September 11, 2018, 04:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Salmon was slow here so I kept fishing for Halibuts,  here,s a good bite to watch,  fun and food, makes you tired.   

bhale1

........like a well oiled machine....great teamwork ;D
Brett

David Hall

A pleasure to watch.  Thanks again Gary.

Ron Jones

Love watching that boat work. Wish He'd taken the clicker to off though. Love that sound when the fish is pulling, hate that sound when the reel is crankin.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

droppedit

How many years have you been doing that Gary? You definitely have the system down. Lots of power in those fish and yet you handle them like pond fish. My hats off to you.

Dave

Some days the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.

http://www.turnerscustomrods.com

Gobi King

Gary, nice fish, do you bleed the fish after you catch it?
I like  your carabiner stringer :-), that threading tool you used it that a commercially made tool?

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Tanks for the kind words and questions.  I've been fishing these halibut's for about 30 years.  I'm from Washington/Oregon and fished sturgeon a lot previously.  These Hal are some what similar in some ways,  so it was easy to adapt for me.
   The rope threader was my invention.  I make them and don't know any body that does it my way.
As I live in a low population area I'm limited in what I can do.  Butt I love what I do do 😉🍺😎🆗...

gstours

Yes I bleed the fish as soon as the hooks removed and the rope is installed.  Please watch some video stuff of mine and it shows,  many people don't like seeing blood in video,  butt. It's part of fishing,🤦‍♀️