(Updated) Fresh off the Mill

Started by STRIPER LOU, October 18, 2018, 07:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

Just pulled this Newell style revamp off the mill. This is a HD handle arm for the 4/0 and its a brute.

Cutting the key and qualifying it to fit the gear sleeve comes out as good as if not better than the factory job using my specially made files and filing machine to do the final fit.

The big difference for this arm will not only be its strength but the dress up, polish and the insert it will receive for final completion.

I've done handle/arm inserts in cast Acrylic, brass, and even some in white mother of pearl, black MOP, but the hot ticket now is Paua shell, both natural and dyed. Several of these were made and sold in the shop, and were a really big hit!

Also working on an Acrylic knob inserted with Paua and the other that I'm really going full steam on is an insert for the Maxed out frame kit. It will be a MOP pearl fish shape inlayed into a colored material of choice.

Shop is quite busy now as the wind's been blowing so bad that no one can get out fishing, ... so, everyone comes here.

Its all good though as this is the place where some of the best fishermen hang out!

I'll try to post more WIP as time allows. Unfortunately, only a fraction of the projects get posted or I'd never get anything done.

Thought I'd get your take on this handle and all have a great evening     ....    Lou

Darin Crofton

Looks like a great start, Lou!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Fishy247

QuoteThought I'd get your take on this handle and all have a great evening     ....    Lou

I'll take 2....it looks great Lou!

Mike

Maxed Out

Very nice Lou, can't wait to see it on a reel

Are you having the mass produced ?? Bet you could sell a ton !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Darin Crofton

Quote from: Maxed Out on October 18, 2018, 10:29:48 PM

Very nice Lou, can't wait to see it on a reel

Are you having the mass produced ?? Bet you could sell a ton !!

Ted
I know I would get at least 4 or 5 of them myself, they're pretty rad!

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Bill B

Gonna be another winner Lou.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

STRIPER LOU

(Update): Just finished the insert and 1st stage polish. I had thought about the elongated slot on top and bottom of the arm and inserting both.

Don't think it will be  needed as the knob style I'm making to go along with this, should give it the right amount of pop. All that's left is the 5-40 locking screw and a full polish.

All have a great evening,  ..  Lou

Fishy247

Darin Crofton

gstours

Lou,  you're work and pictures are not way over the top. I'm jealous.  And wish I lived just down the street.
     Keep doing what you love.  The fish can wait.🐠

mhc

Spectacular Lou - the gear sleeve key looks perfect. I always look forward to seeing your work.

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

oc1