The Pink Lady JigMaster 500

Started by Reel 224, October 23, 2018, 08:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

The Pink Lady JigMaster 500 is on the building table, these are two trial fittings that I wanted to see what the color combination looks like. This time around I will take photos throughout the build. Starting in a few days. Give me your honest opinion on the color combo.

Joe

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

Darin Crofton

It looks pretty sweet, silver frame is perfect for those plates!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

foakes

Looks great, Joe!

It is similar to a 128GB Bluetooth MP3 player I just picked up for Sue.

The color is called "Rose Gold".

Plus, IMO, anytime a silver frame is paired with great colored plates — it just makes a more long lasting and durable finished product — because scratches will inevitably happen, particularly as saltwater covered line is involved.  And the scratches show less or very little on a silver frame.

You and Ruth will figure out the best combo — but if mine, I think a silver crank blade coupled with a white crank knob would look pretty sharp and coordinated.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Reel 224

Fred: I'LL have to ask Sal for that, that is a great suggestion. ;) Sal are you listing? Another knob for Ruth! ;) ;D.....................Joe

That girl has more reels then I have :o something is wrong with that picture.                                                 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Fishy247

QuoteThat girl has more reels then I have Shocked something is wrong with that picture.

If you keep it like that, though, you'll never get the complaint that you have too many reels!!

That's a pretty sweet build there Joe.

Mike

Maxed Out

It's like a Picasso waiting to be completed !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Reel 224

Thanks guys some times, all the time that is. We need others opinion for the ego trip ;) you know what I'm talkin bout. ;D

Joe

Alto Mare

I like it Joe! I've done one a couple of weeks ago, but I'm not sure you saw it... We have similar taste ;)
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=26691.msg304204#msg304204
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Benni3

Reel 224

Quote from: Alto Mare on October 24, 2018, 12:17:37 AM
I like it Joe! I've done one a couple of weeks ago, but I'm not sure you saw it... We have similar taste ;)
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=26691.msg304204#msg304204
Sal

If you could do a white marble knob for Ruth I and She would be very very pleased. That reel you did looks very good, and I mist that post. I thought I was the first. ;D I take second to you and be happy.

Joe

broadway

Ruth is one lucky gal, but I have a feeling it goes both ways.
Nice color choices... playful, lady-like, and no mistaken who's it is. ;)
Looking forward to seeing her complete.
Keep it up,
Dom

Reel 224

Dom: If I could have gotten gold and pink, that would have been Ruth's color hands down ;D..................Joe

Oh and it does go both ways.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!