Oval Head Hex Drive

Started by Frank, November 10, 2018, 04:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Good stuff.  Keep the tips coming.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Gfish

After cutting, de-burr with a tiny fine tooth file at about 45 degrees, very lightly, then reverse them back through the nut threads/die with lube like WD-40.

I've found that cutting my stand screws on older Penns flush with the stand surface, makes back lashes eaiser to deal with(line don't catch on a stickin out screw end).
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Frank

Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Frank

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on November 14, 2018, 09:12:06 PM
Just saying - why not try button head hex screws. They sit nice on Penn plates and don't split em so much if over tightened. If you want to try I have a few :)

I was thinking about going with them. They look nice too.

Frank

How about hex screws for the bridge plate? Anyone using them on Penns and Newells?

thorhammer

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on November 14, 2018, 09:12:06 PM
Just saying - why not try button head hex screws. They sit nice on Penn plates and don't split em so much if over tightened. If you want to try I have a few :)

Chris very kindly sent me some a few months back- they look very clean on a build! gotta pic somerz....

thanks again bud!

thorhammer

here it is, the 250099 LongJohnSilverBeachLiveBaitMasterJigCaster

Frank

Quote from: thorhammer on November 15, 2018, 02:11:13 PM
here it is, the 250099 LongJohnSilverBeachLiveBaitMasterJigCaster

WOW! Very nice!

Cortez_Conversions

Best quote I've received so far is $1522 for 5K pcs. 14-16 week lead time. Let me know how serious of a demand this is....
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Frank

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on November 15, 2018, 04:55:08 PM
Best quote I've received so far is $1522 for 5K pcs. 14-16 week lead time. Let me know how serious of a demand this is....

I'm in for at least 100. What size did you spec? Thanks.

RowdyW

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on November 15, 2018, 04:55:08 PM
That's just over .30 each. That's a real good price. Half the price of Penn original slotted screws. I'm in for at least 100.      Rudy

Frank

Cortez_Conversions

1/2" long is what I had quoted.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

thorhammer

swill88