Penn 9 Size - Odd Handle

Started by sundancer, November 30, 2018, 12:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sundancer

Good morning..

I just picked up this Handle off eBay recently.

In my limited tenure here I haven't seen one that adjusts to increase the power like this one does. 

Thoughts?
Steve
Miles to go.....,

Gfish

No tool adjustable, sos you can change the useable length while fishing---cool!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

sundancer

Yup...

very odd at it it's full length.

S
Miles to go.....,

Gfish

What reel/gear sleeve does it fit on? If you decide you don't like it, and it'll fit a Penn 98-60 or 98-155 sleeve, lemme know.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

sundancer

I have it on a standard Penn 9.  Don't know what Sleeve size it has.

i will check if it fits a 60 or 155

S
Miles to go.....,

sundancer

PS GF...

it fits a 60.  Just tried it on one of mine..

S
Miles to go.....,

foakes

I used to sell a lot of those in the old days.

Folks see them and figure they have to have one.

They are well made and solidly built.

I have never had the need for one, since I like a positive connection with no chance of becoming looser-gooser if not tightened well.

I just use a 24-56 power handle with a 3-hole crank, and always have a wrench and screwdriver in the box for a 1 minute change. 

But with the advent of Penn Power handles, and our custom makers like Alan and others — I generally already know where the handle position will stay while I am fishing.

Good used ones are generally between $20 to $50.

I think the last one I had, I sent up to Dominick a few years ago.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Dominick

There have been several adjustable handles on the market over the years.  I have 2 different ones but only could find this one.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.