Workshop progress

Started by Taskmaster, March 03, 2019, 07:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taskmaster

This is the start of my Scuba-Fishing Reel Workshop (14 x 16) climate controlled area.

• Features:
    • Two Windows
    • Corner Table
    • (3 x 16) Workbench
    • Under Bench Storage
    • A 24 inch and 42 inch Schematics display
The non-climate controlled workshops are 16 x 32 and the 3rd portion is 12 x 14.
More photos will come, but this is the only one I've taken so far.

David Hall

3wow that's an incredible work space. you could do anything in there.

Alto Mare

Nice size, its going to be a great plate to work at.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Taskmaster

Thanks guys, it's a work in progress, one day I'll either die first or it will be completed.   :)

swill88

Quote from: Taskmaster on March 03, 2019, 08:03:53 PM
Thanks guys, it's a work in progress, one day I'll either die first or it will be completed.   :)

That's my theory too!   Nice workspace.

steve

Taskmaster

Donnyboat

Very good, it looks like a Taskmaster plan, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

foakes

Looks great, Diver!

However, in my case, just when you think you have your shop just perfect — and how you want it — something else evolves...

It may be some new tools, equipment, better ideas, cleaner organization, new projects and techniques  :)— or just stuff that I thought I had to have — and have never used in 10 years — but in theory, I had to have it — so it needs to go out the door.

In my case, I have a reel shop and storage upstairs in the house.

Then, outside in the barn — I have built out 6 separate shops separated by walls and doors.  There are 2 wood shops, a metal shop, another reel shop, rod storage upstairs storage, and a overseas shipping container full of stuff, plus the wife's garden shop.  All full electrical, lighting, dust collection, plug in air lines, etc..

Got a great bargain on a truckload of wood shop power tools last Friday up in Menlo Park.  So now, the challenge is to reorganize the outer shops — get rid of duplicates — and get rid of about half the reel stuff in the storage container that I will never use.  This is on the close horizon.

Always evolving as long as I am still working on reels and sucking air...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Taskmaster

Quote from: foakes on March 04, 2019, 12:40:34 AM
Looks great, Diver!

However, in my case, just when you think you have your shop just perfect — and how you want it — something else evolves...

It may be some new tools, equipment, better ideas, cleaner organization, new projects and techniques  :)— or just stuff that I thought I had to have — and have never used in 10 years — but in theory, I had to have it — so it needs to go out the door.

In my case, I have a reel shop and storage upstairs in the house.

Then, outside in the barn — I have built out 6 separate shops separated by walls and doors.  There are 2 wood shops, a metal shop, another reel shop, rod storage upstairs storage, and a overseas shipping container full of stuff, plus the wife's garden shop.  All full electrical, lighting, dust collection, plug in air lines, etc..

Got a great bargain on a truckload of wood shop power tools last Friday up in Menlo Park.  So now, the challenge is to reorganize the outer shops — get rid of duplicates — and get rid of about half the reel stuff in the storage container that I will never use.  This is on the close horizon.

Always evolving as long as I am still working on reels and sucking air...

Best,

Fred

Wow...  I could definitely see myself with that problem

Reel 224

Your work space looks to nice to work in, but what ever you feel comfortable in is good. Very nice work.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Bill B

Looking good.....welcome to the Darkside 😎Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Swami805

Looking good! Plenty of room next to a wall for a rod building lathe. Just saying
Do what you can with that you have where you are